alternative to flaxoil?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: alternative to flaxoil?

Postby Guest » 04 Jan 2008, 14:00

We don't have Tylenol in the UK unfortunately :( Anything stronger than 500mg of paracetamol and we need a prescription.
Val, you could ask your GP to prescribe you some Movicol, it's brilliant stuff for keeping bm's soft. You can take it until 12hrs before surgery, I'm being admitted at 12:30 lunchtime when I go in, so I'll be waking up at midnight before to take my last one :)
It literally sits in the colon and isn't absorbed, it draws water into the colon and makes the BM soft.
It's a white powder sachet that you mix with water, it tastes a bit like andrews salts, so much easier to take than fybogel or anything like that :)
Good luck xx

Postby val » 04 Jan 2008, 14:03

Thanks Helen, and Fiss,
what are you going in for, the LIS?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 04 Jan 2008, 14:41

Finally for the colonoscopy, they gave me an appointment for early Jan, but I figured with the new job it would be better at half term, I rescheduled for the first Monday of half-term so hopefully i won't need any time off work :)
I'm going under GA instead of just sedation, but the surgeon said the Movicol was fine :)
How many days now unitl your op?

Postby val » 04 Jan 2008, 15:06

Its next thursday, 10th January, for the LIS and a fistulotomy. Whats a colonoscopy, does it hurt?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86