Success

Lis success story

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Success

Postby caligirl » 04 Oct 2013, 01:42

I recall being so torn apart due to my reoccurring anal fissures. I had them for about 3 years... Visited a total of 4 doctors.the first one wanted to burn my fissure, so that led me to doc 2. Doc 2 went the conservative route, lidocaine nifedipine. Didn't really work for me and having that cream on my tush it constantly reminded me of my problem. Emotionally I was becoming traumatized. So doc 2 suggested surgery,I was terrified and was reading horror stories and I wanted to try Botox injections. Doc 2 referred me to doc 3...doc 3 was so handsome and young. My dear! I was 25 at the time...I would have thought I would have gotten used to doctors seeing me but not that handsome prince! Any who...doc 3 was the only doctor that said the magic word "fiber". I could not believe how ignorant I was about fiber....in the beginning I didn't change my eating habits but i did eat fruits and veggies but with the same token I was eating crap. The fiber helped but as soon as I would forget to take fiber, or eat a burger. Oh my... Did I cry!! I decided to hold off on the surgery and Botox .I went on a whole plant based diet and wouldn't have issues. But again if I craved pizza...it was welcoming an anal fissure. I decided enough is enough....there is a success rate and I wanted to be part of that group. My husband at the time knew of doctors, a doctor told him about a doctor in Manteca ca, Dr.Wiener. When I met him he was amazing. I told him I was scared about going in my pants and so on. This is what he said paraphrasing" that is a very small probability, and it normally happens with older patients also, many other doctors after they cut they manually expand your anus and that debilities the sphincter muscle, I just cut and let it heal on its own and you will be back to work within 2 days". Okay to his information given to me I was stupefied, because this forum had scared the crap out of me. I said okay...I'm doing this. I honestly felt that he was the best doctor and thank God I was right.
I went into surgery a little over a year ago( I really don't consider it surgery, just a cut in my butt)....going into surgery I requested the good drugs and nada. One downside, the drugs the anesthesiologist gave me literally made me feel like I was about to die right there. So, I woke up and Could feel the cut and a ton of gauze in between my ass. I knew that the gauze was causing the discomfort...I was so sleepy and dizzy. I got home the same day and was pretty much dizzy. That same day I had to use the restroom. I was scared but when it happened I had the biggest smile on my face. The anal fissure pain surpassed the cut in my bum pain by a 99%. The only thing it stung a bit. I used wipes, and you will bleed for about 3 days. The day after the first is light. On the second day I was taking sits baths so scurry up the blessed cut. The recovery was amazingly fast, it's crazy. I was feeling okay to go out by day 3. I recall thinking I forgot to go to the restroom like normal people. The best was to describe the experience is "you know when you are about to hurt and you are are sure of it, in this case it doesn't hurt every single time and it brings relief to your life!
The only DOWNSIDE is if I get constipated or drink a type of cafe when I go to the bathroom I get the endless butt wipes. I don't recall that happening before surgery. It's happens maybe once a month. I'll take it though, because I always carry butt wipes(no alcohol). And yes....carry your butt wipes. I was going to restrooms outside my house after the surgery and the cheap toilet paper is your enemy. Good luck to you all, I hope you find relief soon! Take care.
caligirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Success

Postby caligirl » 04 Oct 2013, 01:51

I forgot to mention all the home remedy steps I took. From Heating pads, a and d, wheatgrass(this one seemed it helped but not cured), aloe Vera, butt yoga I seriously tried everything that I could have thought of. Surgery has been the permanent one.
caligirl
Fibre Addict

Postby Kreaybutt » 04 Oct 2013, 19:26

I love reading success stories like this! I know how horrible and life changing this "condition" is and reading about ppl healing from it just puts a smile on my face =) I'm actually from Manteca, Dr. Weiner is my aunts doctor but i had no idea he dealt with butts! lol
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby caligirl » 05 Oct 2013, 00:12

He's a general surgeon but has done so so many LIS surgeries. And you're in Manteca, that's so convenient! He is amazing...he will put your mind at ease! Very professional and his bed side manners are impeccable. I really wouldn't put this off..I was so glad I had him because I feel that he knows so much about the sphincter muscle. Good luck!:)
caligirl
Fibre Addict

Postby Jbl22424 » 05 Jun 2014, 22:27

I wanted to add that I met with Dr. Jerry Weiner in Manteca (in Northern California) after having read this testimonial. He does have a great bedside manner. He explained the LIS surgery in great detail and set my mind at ease when I expressed concerns about incontinence and complications. He said he had probably done a hundred of these surgeries and hadn't seen any complications. When I asked about incontinence, he said it just doesn't happen because stool is held in by the external sphincter muscle which they do not cut. He encouraged me not to continue suffering for much longer when there was a fix available to me. I ended up going with a CRS in Sacramento but wanted to share my experience with this doctor here. He helped me make the decision to get surgery for which I am extremely grateful!
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9