I'm healing!

From hopeless to hopefull

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

I'm healing!

Postby ES&H » 02 Oct 2013, 13:17

I'm happy to report that I'm healing. When I first suspected it, I didn't want to speak or type it...silly superstitious fear I guess. But I am! I'm healing! This post is to share my experience, strength, and hope (ES&H!!) to my fellow sufferers.

It started late May of this year, 2013. Intense, non-stop pain that was relentless and showed no mercy. It took me 6 weeks to get to a CSR...then 8+ weeks on nifidipene (spelling?)...then botox...two hemmies from hell descended after botox and that was the worst 1.5 weeks of this entire experience. Then no pain...a relapse...and now very little pain for several weeks. I'm standing longer and can even sit for a spell now.

Once I found this forum my healing skyrocketed. Because I scoured this forum, took every suggestion and put it into action. From my diet, to Manuka honey, to coconut oil, to aloe gel, to squatting, to sitz baths. I have no earthly clue as to what worked. One or all...I really have no clue.

Threee were essential, though...first, my diet. I had to figure what worked for me. Most say no raw veggies. Well, that didn't work for me... Soluable fiber in the start of the day, followed by insoluable. I must eat a carrot towards the end of the day (chewed to smithereens!!!)(My mother-in-law used to say carrots are like little "scrubbers"!) followed by a high fiber cereal a few hours later, then Miralax. I eat most of my food in the middle of the day. Placement is huge! If I don't place the right foods at the right time of day, I don't evacuate all my stool. NOT good.

Second, Coconut oil inserted at night and before BM was and is a life saver! Great stuff and smells really good too! I tried every way to get that magic potion in with 7 epic fails, and finally found this...I take the black nozzle tip of a Preparation H tube, the long one's with holes on sides and tip, and put in some Aloe gel. Then I take a Qtip and scoop in some room temp solid coconut oil. Lube up the outside with more co, gently insert and using the Qtip I gently push the magic potion up my bootay! Works freaking wonders! (I hope your getting the picture!)

Third, meditation. It's been nothing but a blessing. A huge part of my recovery. I have to keep my head in the right place and this saved me. It was so difficult in quieting my mind, quieting my body, my screaming butt but I kept at it and it worked. I now slip into meditation easily. I no longer cry 15x a day. I no longer think I'll never heal. Search "Meditations" topics on this forum...I posted six of my favorites.

I was so hopeless when I found you. Now, I know I will fully recover one day. I found what's working for me and I pray you find what works for you.

ES&H
ES&H
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: I'm healing!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 02 Oct 2013, 15:23

ES&H, :goodnews:
That's great to read & thanks for posting this!
It's great to read how far you have come & I'm really happy for you!
Keep up the great work and there's no reason why you won't go on now to complete & full recovery as most people do.
Keep meditating always & thinking positive thoughts!!
Wishing you all the very best........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 02 Oct 2013, 16:00

Yeeessss!!!

We sure are glad to here that ES&H. Oh no, we understand perfectly how you did not want to jinx yourself by posting that your healing. But on the other hand this post will probably give you more incentive to stay on top of the game in a way.

Before you know it you'll be "sitting pretty" literally for hours without any pain. Here's where your patience will really pay off for you in the next couple of months or so. But with your routines of diet and cocnut oil and meditation (visualizing the healing going on down there) your well on your way.

Bless you ES&H
Last edited by Deleted User 2950 on 03 Oct 2013, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2950

Postby Scientist2516 » 02 Oct 2013, 16:13

:woohoo:
Great news, ES&H.
Feels great, doesn't it????
:afsmile:
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby RockO » 03 Oct 2013, 10:17

GETTING WELL !!!

After 20 months of FISSURE PAIN and Dr. visits. Finally got the LIS I knew was needed. ( My brother had the same thing)
1st week after surgery was HUGE PAIN. Second week was bad pain. third week is much better with 90% less pain. Now healing fast ! I still take my "emergency bag" when leaving the house just in case/Rubber gloves, WIPES, tube of creme).
I wish everyone wellness and progress.
Thanks !
YAY Yay Yay & YIPPIE !
RockO

Postby ES&H » 03 Oct 2013, 12:03

ETO, Scientist, Buttastic -Three angels. That's what you are to me and dozens, if not hundreds, of others. You dedicate your time and love to strangers. I have taken your suggestions, your encouragement and your love with determination, with tears, and with trust. God has a very special place in heaven for you and I'm sure it has nothing to do with pain or poop! LOL!!!

RockO! Freaking awesome feeling isn't it! I feel like I'm over the hump (no hemmy pun!) and it feels great. We have to be patient, just like Buttastic says. In fact, I've been doing too much the last few days and have to stay down some more. But, at least my head didnt take a swan dive and I'm healing quicker from painful bouts. Take it slow my friend. Rock On!
ES&H
Fibre Addict

Postby Turk the cat » 04 Oct 2013, 22:45

ES&H,

Congrats! Could you tell a bit about how you have used Manuka Honey? Eat or apply? My husband has bought me some, but I'm afraid. I use nifedipine and worry about "rocking the boat" using too many products.
Turk the cat
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Postby ES&H » 05 Oct 2013, 10:32

Hey, Turk!
I ingest Manuka Honey. I put in my morning smoothie or oatmeal. If I eat yogurt, I'll add some there too. I have no clue if it's working. Kind of hard to tell, cause I've added a number of holistic remedies in fighting my beast. But, here's the way I think about the honey...it just might be the one that's doing the trick. And, it's yummy. So, I use it.

I've heard of using this wound honey directly on the fissure. Search Manuka Honey posts and see what you'd like to do with it. If you do ingest it, be sure it's food safe quality. I got on the web and researched it as well. Lots of info found on google.

My CSR gave me nifedipine, too. I didn't start with the holistic in my boo-tay until I was faced w Botox. I wished I had known about the Aloe Gel and coconut oil, though. I would have definatly used that with the Nifedipine at night and before a BM.

I wish you well. These fissures are truely awful and I'm healing mine with all my body, mind, and soul.
I'm here for you. Let me know if you have any other concerns. I'm happy to be able to share my ES&H as I've received so much myself.
ES&H
Fibre Addict