LIS and fissurectomy this wednesday

LIS and fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS and fissurectomy this wednesday

Postby bumtastic » 09 Oct 2013, 11:44

Mostly couldnt control it. I didnt really soil my pants because i had a gauze on and i was near the rest room since i was home the last two weeks. Some of it might also be psychological because maybe i am scared to hold it in (though i doubt it). I will know in the next couple of weeks how bad it is. I will provide an update. I think the incontinence is just for a couple of weeks based on the what the doc said and mostly when the stool is softer than normal (Cos of Miralax) and should improve both with time and when i wean off of Miralax. If you are very worried for the first couple of weeks about soiling your pants, i think there are adult diaper bags available. I know it is messy but you have to do what you have to do.
I am still glad i got this done provided i heal. My life/lifestyle was completely out of whack during the fissure days.
I was able to sit fine after the first week esp no pain from the LIS site. Little discomfort sitting in the same position after a while. So i get up often, take a walk and sit back down .
I avoid sitting upright as much as i can. I sit/sleep sideways mostly just to be on the safer side. But i havent had any major trouble sitting so far.
Also spoke to the doc yesterday about the discomfort from the tail/coccyx bone esp when i pee. There is no pain really just some discomfort (i feel some pull there). He told me that it is ok and the fissure location was very close to that area and with the spasms in that area the discomfort is normal.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby sotiredofthis » 09 Oct 2013, 18:21

Thanks! Just so scared but don't know what else to do but have surgery.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby bumtastic » 17 Oct 2013, 12:35

Three weeks post op:
Things are getting better. I have not had any incontinence recently because my stool has been mostly well formed. I have not had diarrhea yet, so i am not sure how that will affect everything.
No pain from the Fissure/Hemm site. Slight discomfort (soreness) in the tail bone region. I will talk to my CRS about this in a couple of weeks when i am scheduled to meet him.
There is still a little bit of Mucus discharge. It is going down in quantity and it is still a significant amount. I usually stuff a cotton ball there to absorb the mucus and i change the cotton balls around three times a day.
After BM, I wash the area with hot water and usually wipe with cotton balls (more like dab with wet/dry cotton balls in that order to make sure that the area is clean).
I am still on a fissure diet, mostly fiber, Miralax once a day and two colase a day.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 28 Oct 2013, 14:59

One month post op. Things are a lot better now. No pain. Just some soreness there now and then.
Still some mucus leakage which the cotton balls absorbs. No blood or Fecal matter. Still following the same routine. High fiber food, half a dose of miralax a day, colace. I can massage the skin where the stitch now without any pain or soreness. Took a break and had normal junk food a couple of times. No problems so far.
Going to see the doctor this thursday. Will post an update after the visit.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby sotiredofthis » 28 Oct 2013, 16:08

Fantastic news! Can't wait to hear what the doctor says this Thursday!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 03 Nov 2013, 20:21

How was the doctor appointment? Praying for wonderful news for you!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bumtastic » 07 Nov 2013, 17:08

Sorry I could not post the last few days. Been busy with work and life.
So had my doctors visit about a week back. He said it is about 85-90 percent healed.
There is still a little mucus leakage which i use cotton balls for. Hopefully this gets better. Have not had any incidents.
The final docs appointment is in three weeks time. Will post an update then.
bumtastic
Salt Bather