Me Vs. AF

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Me Vs. AF

Postby Jan » 18 Nov 2013, 17:39

Sure!
No it was not LIS. It was manual divulsion done by female CRS using her three fingers.
I know that it sounds SO NOT LIKE 21st century, but it really helped me!
At the same time my haemorrhoid was treated with von Langenbeck procedure (combination of banding and removing).
Today I feel like new born. I wish all of you could feel the same.
After 5 years of ups and downs, bleeding and re-tearing I don't have any problem with BMs, which are wide in their diameter again and cause no bleeding or any other inconveniences.
However, just in case I still apply a so-called hand support trick ;)
Thank you everyone in here. You helped me a lot.
:thankyou:
Jan

Postby jr2 » 05 Dec 2013, 18:10

Jan,

Can you describe what the pain from your hemorrhoids was like? Was it a burning, or irritation, itching, aching/stabbing, etc., kind of pain? Was the pain more toward the outside or deeper up inside? Were they internal or external? Could you see/feel them on the outside? Did they bleed? Did your hemorrhoids prolapse? Did it hurt if you touched them or when the doctor did an exam and touched them? Did it hurt during BMs? Did the pain get worse through the day or did it tend to ease off through the day?

Sorry for all the questions but just going a little crazy here with the different doctors I've seen and trying to sort through what this new pain I have is being caused by. None of them think the small internal hemorrhoids they see can be causing the pain I'm having. And more so because I have no bleeding. Any details about your own experience would be so appreciated.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Jan » 06 Dec 2013, 06:59

Hi jr2!
Of course I can describe it! However since I had both AF and haemorrhoids it's difficult to separate different types of pains. I will try though.
Haemorrhoid pain was located deeper inside ant it felt like aching or severe burning.
AF pain was more like re-tearing wound (DUH!) and it was located closer to the "exit".
Both pains were more active during BM and few hours afterwards. Yes, I was bleeding but not with every BM.
Examinations were very unpleasant when it hurt badly. However when the probe/finger was already in, pain was not becoming bigger. Insertion was the worst part.
Mainly pain was the biggest during and soon after BM. During the day it was quieting down, but almost never to the end. I felt best just after waking up in the morning, before BM.
I know what you feel. I was also confused with different opinions regarding my butt. Fifth CRS who was examining me told me that even small internal haemorrhoid (like mine) may be a cause of nasty pain. Before that information four different CRS told me that my haemorrhoids are not as bad and they didn't recommend surgery what in my opinion was misdiagnosis.
Wishing you all the best in being healed.
Jan

Postby jr2 » 06 Dec 2013, 14:37

Thank you so much Jan. It definitely seems the majority consensus with CRS' is that small internal hemorrhoids don't cause such severe pain, which leaves those of us who certainly might be having severe pain from a small internal one a little bit out of luck. Unless we can get lucky enough to find one like yours. Thank you so much for your coming back and describing your experience. It really helps so so much.

I am so glad you are feeling better! Yay!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Jan » 17 Oct 2017, 03:35

Hallo, OP here! found some old password file. Just wanted to let you know that no AF ever since. Only hemorrhoids bother me from time to time, but not badly. Have to do sth. about them too.
Jan

Return to Diaries