Protecting the incision site

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Protecting the incision site

Postby ResMePlz » 15 May 2017, 11:26

So I go back to work in 2 days and my incision site is still really raw after having a BM. Any suggestions on some cream or something I can do to stop it from rubbing when walking around? After time it calms down, but it stings bad after I wash and dry it. Going a couple times a day, I end up washing it 3-4 times during the day. If I had to go at work and use toilet paper, that would be a worst case scenario. Suggestions?
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Protecting the incision site

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 19 May 2017, 04:59

Since you go 3-4 times a day, then a sterile gauze would not be suitable, would it not?

It would also depend on whether or not there is seepage coming out of your incision site. I am in the same position as you because I have to wash several times a day and change my gauze because of the yellow seepage coming from the wound.
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Protecting the incision site

Postby ChaosTree » 19 May 2017, 16:27

I usually carry a water bottle with me to the toilet and use the water to make the toilet paper wet to wipe myself at first and then pour rest of the water on my ass to clean it. Then I try myself and use the prescribed diltiazan cream.

That has been workin very well for me the week I have been back at work.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3