pruritis

anal itching

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

pruritis

Postby monkeybutt812 » 31 Dec 2017, 12:30

Well I have not posted in a while. I've been dealing with itching again and really it seems like this has been going on since summer.

Basically I think the itching for me is a result of dry skin and maybe a disruption of natural oils. I cannot seem to break the vicious cycle though!

I don't know what to do other then what I've been doing. At least I'm back home now.

What is a good moisturizer for this area? Maybe one that is hypoallergenic? See I've used coconut oil, vitamin e oil, olive oil, aloe vera etc at different times for years now. Usually they have worked to provide relief to varying degrees. Lately, though cannot get much relief. I tried several zinc oxide preparations but I believe they actually end up over drying me. I know it's a delicate balance and I try not to over do it. I get into this cycle though where it starts to itch and then I apply something an that makes it even worse and it just snowballs! Then I get dry and irritated and the cycle ensues...

I need a break from it! :groan:
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: pruritis

Postby monkeybutt812 » 12 Mar 2018, 04:49

Hello all,

I have an update concerning itching. My pruritis ani seems to be because of chronic hives. Yes, I've been dealing with chronic hives and it has also been miserable. My skin is super reactive to anything, especially if I scratch. The only time the itching has been suppressed is when I was on short courses of steroids. I'm currently on a ton of antihistamines and still not totally controlled, it sucks. I've been seeing an allergist and had some skin testing and blood work done. Everything came back pretty normal. All the things I tested "positive" for on the skin tests I've been trying to avoid. It may be chronic idiopathic hives, which really sucks, because basically there is no cause. Can anyone offer help or has anyone had a similar problem. The anal itching is definitely due to my skin being reactive like t is in other places. Please help. I will try to see if I can add/try a different medication. This doc has me taking a potent antihistamine before bed already.
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10