question about flax oil

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

question about flax oil

Postby Guest » 19 Jul 2007, 10:59

I just had my surgery 6 weeks ago, do I need to check with my CRS before I start taking flax? Where do you buy it? How much should I start out taking? Thanks so much, this forum is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: question about flax oil

Postby buttgirl » 19 Jul 2007, 11:09

If you are taking any other meds, you might want to run it by your dr (some meds you can't even eat grapefruit if you are taking). Otherwise, flax (and what I take, evening primrose oil) is very healthy and I personally wouldn't bother.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 19 Jul 2007, 11:11

Thanks for the info, should I buy it at a health food store or somewhere like walmart?

Postby Guest » 19 Jul 2007, 11:12

Hey Harmony,
It is never a bad idea to check with your doctor before supplementing but with that said many don't know much about the topic.
What worked the best for me was to take a spoonful in the am and one at night. I really like to add it to a veggie stir fry after it is cooked. It gives a nice flavoring to the dish. I buy most of my supplements at www.swansonvitamins.com. You can get flaxseed oil as well as capsules. I have both for the days I don't get to take the liquid.
Lecia

Postby buttgirl » 19 Jul 2007, 11:14

I have sen flax oil at the grocery store and drug store as well as healthfood stores.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 19 Jul 2007, 11:18

Thanks, I am going to order some. I take MOM 3 times a day but I feel like I need to do something else.