referral to a proctologist??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

referral to a proctologist??

Postby dano » 17 Jul 2007, 21:26

i was at the family dr. today as i am leaving for a week or so for north carolina.im concerned over my new devolopment that has arose.i though it was a fistula,to the best of my knowledge....he examined me and says he can see a improvement in the fissure since my last visit to him...remember im now going to a gastro.dr.,but it takes for ever to see him,i figure id get a "quick check" before i left from the regular dr. ..he didnt say it was a fistula,honestly,i believe he really didnt know..says theres no redness as he was looking around in my rear and no sign of infection anywhere,thats when he noticed the improvement in the fissure.anyway,i say that the gastro just gives me cream and sends me on my way,really,i guess he cant do much more than that, the dr told me this....finish up my last 2 referred visits to the gastroentolist,if your not healed or feel you need a higher power,come back in and he can send me to a proctoligst to have every thing evaluated and we can take action.which is what i wanted to hear! now is the proctoligst the same as a colon rectal surgeon,they are in the same building...or is it like the proctolist looks and evaluates,and the crs cuts you up...maybe its the same person with a different color robe on?? what do you guys[and girls] think i should do??
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Re: referral to a proctologist??

Postby Guest » 17 Jul 2007, 22:28

I would skip the middle man and go straight for the CRS. A proctologist is just a regular doctor who has experience looking down there. I think you would save on referrals if you just went straight to a CRS. He or she will better recognize rectal conditions and have more experience in treating them thus saving you time and money in the longrun.
I remember visting Maryland (Columbia area) and I was struck at how many hospitals and doctor's offices there were. Compare that to SC where there is a Baptist church on every corner!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Jul 2007, 05:20

I agree with Lecia...try to be referred straight to the CRS if you can, Dano. What are your symptoms/pain like now?
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 18 Jul 2007, 05:47

dano where in maryland are you?
are you in the dc/nova/rockville area? if you are, i can recommend someone for you :-) my CRS who has been wonderful.
if all else fails, i will look you over and tell you what i think! :-)
hehehehehe......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby happyass » 18 Jul 2007, 05:49

thread change - is that your dog kim? nice relaxing pic!
and lecia, you too.....is that your little one? i wish i could have children......but doesn't look likely. my fish, cat, and hopefully a baby pug can fill that little special spot in my heart :-)
i would love to get a pug!!!!! anyone know where i can adopt a baby black pug????
:-)
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Jul 2007, 06:50

Hi Gareth,
My wife insisted I post a picture of myself and Sugar, my 13 Y.O. Lab mix.
It's Lecia's niece...isn't she cute!!!
I finally found that pets are great, but they are not good substitutes for real kids... If you want a kid bad enough, Gareth, you can find a way...
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 18 Jul 2007, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 09:28

Yeah, I better change that photo before my sister finds out I have her daughter on the Anal Fissure board!
I have never seen any all black pugs. Those would be adorable!
Kim, I don't recall twisting your arm to post that photo. And what wife? I thought you proposed to ME!Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Jul 2007, 11:07

Oh, But I *did*, Lecia! You're the wife I was referring to!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 15:51

and lecia, you too.....is that your little one? i wish i could have children......but doesn't look likely. my fish, cat, and hopefully a baby pug can fill that little special spot in my heart :-)
Do you want to be an uncle? You can come babysit mine!

Postby happyass » 18 Jul 2007, 17:34

ahhh babysitting!!!!
i am up for the real thing! it's time to be a daddy! :-)
well, maybe when i am 40....not to far away.......
i'm still working on my hopeful raise at the end of the month!
happyass
King Fissure