retear?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

retear?

Postby val » 22 Nov 2007, 01:50

We went out to dinner last night, and I thought as I was getting better, a prawn risotto wouldn't do much harm. I don't know whether it was because of that , but this morning when I went to the loo, I felt the fissure kind of stretch or something and then there was blood again. Seeing as the bleeding, which was really severe in the beginning, was the first thing to stop for me, and I haven't bled for a few months now, does this mean its retorn and I'll have to go through all this again? Help, I'm terrified!! I can't bear the thought of starting it all again, I've only just began to get my life back a bit! :( :( Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: retear?

Postby Guest » 22 Nov 2007, 08:06

Oh Val, I really hope not Image
I don't think you're being looked after very well by the NHS, you shouldn't have to suffer this.
Hugs to you xx

Postby Guest » 22 Nov 2007, 09:43

Hi Val,
How long had it been between bleeding episodes. That would happen to me from time to time. It doesn't mean you have undone all of the healing but it is cautionary. When that would happen to me I would double my resolve, get in the tub more, use the cream, eat especially well. I always put a bit of KY jelly and A&D ointment on before I go to help protect the skin from the stool.

Maybe increase the flax or fish oil a bit so that it slides right over that part for awhile.

It will be okay!!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Nov 2007, 10:06

Val, just get in the hot bath, and do it often, and eat right..
keep your poo soft as you can right now.
I'm sure it will be OK, you may have a run of bad days but most likely you will heal again quickly...
I'm rooting for you!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 22 Nov 2007, 10:28

Image thanks everyone!
I haven't had any bleeding for a few months, so it freaked me out, especially as I thought it was healing. I think I got a bit complacent-Iused to use the wheatgerm oil and take the valium, but then just stopped doing things one at a time, and then all I was doing was baths twice a day, but I always do anyway! and the flax oil , aloe vera juice and acidophilus. Oh and the diltiazem, but that made me itch, so I was just using that once a day. I think all those things kind of added up to disaster, so I'm going straight back to what I was doing before!
thanks for your support! Image
Val
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86