rrrr lis tomorrow.....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

rrrr lis tomorrow.....

Postby New mum » 13 Nov 2010, 19:06

so i am freaking out..... i have had worse surgery before and it didnt bother me like this, maybe its the whole incontience thing thats worrying me. And the whole pain killers thing as well anyone else that has other surgery can take them and it doesnt matter that much about constipation but for us well its be in pain or take pain meds and could get constipated.
Thanks for listening again.......
p.s my 8month old has came down with the worst flu high temps and not a happy bubby, not good timing :(
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: rrrr lis tomorrow.....

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2010, 20:05

Hey New mum,
I felt the same way. I was scared I'd get constipated too, but I didn't and I took maybe 6 pain killers in two days, and that was with the docusate sodium(colace) which is very mild stool softener, doesn't even work for most people...
I am taking miralax/movicol now and it works great. Did you ever try it? It's really good, didn't cause me any problems and keeps the stool soft even with pain killers.
Just keep your diet , plenty of water and if the miralax worked for you already, then maybe you can take a dose as soon as you start your pain meds. Good Luck with your lis tomorrow!!! Praying for a quick recovery for you :)

Postby New mum » 13 Nov 2010, 21:47

hey Dawn,
No i didnt try movicol yet my stools are pretty soft with the extra fibre, but i will take some when i use pain meds like you say. I only have the half strenght stuff. Thanks again
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby afugh!! » 14 Nov 2010, 03:25

Never had LIS but from what I read from other boardies here it is the beginning of getting your life back.I wish you luck and a quick recovery :)
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19