rye bread

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

rye bread

Postby ng51guy » 01 Dec 2012, 05:01

Been using lactolose which is working a treat and helping things heal up because of nice soft bm,s. Along with this i have cut out any extra fibre cuz it comes out far too bulky, But i have been eating porridge for breakfast, pears, dates and rye bread with sesame seeds, there is more fibre in rye bread than just about anything else on the planet by the looks of it. ! Along with 10 ml lactolose a day my bm are now incredibly soft and comfortable. I plan on reducing the lacto to zero over the next week or so now I seem to have found foods that work. A few other things I do that work are stand over the toilet whilst having a bm, this cuts the pressure on your sphincter muscles area to almost zero ! sounds a bit strange but as you know you try anything when your in pain. It takes a little practice and at the start can be a bit messing but you soon get the hang of it, I travelled in Napal and all of there toilets over there have to be used standing up, they just have a hole in the floor, thats it. Also before bm i smear vasaline around the area, this really makes for an easy clean up after. I'v also swopped toilet paper for wet wipes, I use pampers sensertive, they cost Ј1 for 56 from the pound store and dont sting like other wipes tend to do. When I,v had a very painful AF flare up the ONLY thing that I have found that took the pain away was go for a run/jog for about 10 to 15 mins, It defo works ! then when i get back I cool down and then lay face down on the bed for 20 mins or so. After this the pain has almost gone. All of these things are working for me and I feel I'v almost beat this bloody painful pain in the asse !
ng51guy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2