Scratchy Feeling With No Pain

Am I Healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Scratchy Feeling With No Pain

Postby randyyang » 19 Jun 2016, 00:29

After two weeks of strict diet, I experienced no pain and retear during BM, but the problem is i can feel the scratch when
the stool passing by, i can still feel the cut or wound with no pain at all since my stool are thin and soft, it just little discomfort, for those who successfully healed their fissure, is this meaning I am still healing? have you experienced the same stage as i do? I mean it's much better than the awful pain and swelling couple of weeks before, but still weird to feel the wound still there. anyone has the same issues here?
randyyang
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Scratchy Feeling With No Pain

Postby Sufferingbadly » 19 Jun 2016, 01:11

Yes I have. It took me an entire year to "heal" my first fissure. (They say for the skin to fully recover, it can take up to 2 years for the skin to get its elasticity back). Be careful and take the measures so that you don't experience a retear. Mine itched for quite some time and sometimes gave me discomfort. Miralax is basically my best friend. You should continue your diet to maintain super soft stools, or take a stool softener. Miralax is my fav. Sounds like your on your road to recovery! Good luck!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby randyyang » 19 Jun 2016, 01:31

Hey Sufferingbadly,
thank you so much for the promptly reply, also thanks for your advice on the other thread about sitz bath.
Did you experience any retears or setback during entire year? so, how long did you stick to the strict diet? I did take stool softener everyday, my diet are mainly high fiber vegies and fruit, I just eat little carbs and meat, I lost so many pounds for the last couple of months, I really wish i could go back to the normal diet someday, I don't think I could do this forever :( also my stool are really thin currently like a finger size, I don't think it's normal size for stool. can you pass bigger size of stool with no problem after fully healed? sorry about too many questions
randyyang
Salt Bather

Postby Sufferingbadly » 19 Jun 2016, 10:43

Randyyang,

Yes I most definitely experienced my share of re-tears and it discouraged me every single time.i stuck to my strict diet for about 5 months. I also lost a good amount of weight. I finally decided I couldn't keep on the diet and I started taking the miralax. Once I started with the miralax, it didn't matter what I ate because the miralax made me have a bm at least twice a day and yes mine were also very thin for a long time, just as you describe. after awhile once I felt "healed" I was able to pass larger stools with alittle discomfort but no real issue. Here's the thing about diet.... It keeps you naturally soft. So unless you want to be like me and consume miralax for years and years until healed, you might want to stick on the diet. I do wonder what will happen to my body with all this polyurethane glycol. (Main ingredient in miralax) ...which, did you know that the chemical was used to preserve a very old ship that was pulled out of the ocean? So maybe I'm preserving my insides. Lol. Anyway doctors say it's safe and is given to children whom use it their whole lives.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby randyyang » 20 Jun 2016, 02:22

Sounds like Miralax works pretty well for you, Unfortunately I'm living outside of States, I am afraid Miralax is not widely available in my area, but since you highly recommend it, I'll go ahead check out the loco pharmacy see if they carry this it or not. I am currently take aloe capsule as stool softener/laxatives, it did works but the downside is sometimes i have this weird feeling in my stomach if i took it too much, feels like i am about to have a diarrhea LOL
so you still take miralax daily even your fissure fully healed, i guess one year later?
randyyang
Salt Bather

Postby Sufferingbadly » 20 Jun 2016, 10:52

I am going to take miralax as long as I have to until I feel confident to not take it anymore. Since miralax isnt available where you are, see if there is anything at all that contains polyurethane glycol.
Oh I hate having a feeling of diarrhea!! It's the worst, especially if your at work!
Prune juice worked really well for me but I drank too much and had major diarrhea. So if you can find just the right amount of prune juice, maybe you can use that?
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby randyyang » 20 Jun 2016, 12:28

yeah,I guess i can totally find some Prune in my area I'll looking for it tomorrow, I got myself some Manuka Honey today, saw lot of people wrote good thing about it on this site. so can you still feel the scar tissue down there from time to time after fully healed? I think mine got better each day, no more pain and spams, it just I can still feel that cut/wound when I have BM, really weird feeling,,, I wish i could get rid of that feeling after it healed :)
randyyang
Salt Bather