Setback

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Setback

Postby juney » 07 Mar 2008, 10:55

no matter how strict i was with my diet/stool softener regimen for almost A YEAR, it did nothing to help heal my fissure. my poos would be completely soft for days (although i'd still have pain afterwards), and then suddenly without changing a thing in my diet i'd have a hard BM that would hurt coming out. it was so frustrating, beating myself up everyday trying to figure out what tiny little morsel i might've eaten to cause a new problem.

it's been 18 months and 2 surgeries for me and the only thing that's given me pain relief has been MOM. now i eat healthy, but i don't worry about indulging in something special like pizza, desserts, and even french fries!! the MOM keeps my poos are soft and painfree everyday (the only thing that causes my setbacks now is drinking too much booze occasionally and dehydrating myself...but that's another story).

i feel like i wasted so much time trying to regulate every single thing i ate or drank. it never made a difference!! if i had known MOM would be such a miracle i would've used it a year ago and maybe i'd be healed!! i'm worried i've just had the fissure too long to heal now, especially since 2 surgeries didn't help. botox may be my next option.

anyway, i know how frustrating it is, and setbacks are just part of the process, but try not to let it control your life or it'll make you crazy! :roll:
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 07 Mar 2008, 10:58

That's an interesting suggestion, Kim. I hadn't even thought of that. I might have to go out and get a couple for breakfast.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Mar 2008, 11:09

If you try it Chris, let me know how it works for you! :D
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 07 Mar 2008, 12:09

You guys are great - thank you so much for the encouraging words and advice. After the day or so of unexplained constipation, things seem to have (fingers crossed) returned to "normal." I might be wrong, but I really think I just overdid it on the fiber that weekend. It's weird bc it didn't exactly feel like the bm was overly hard, it seemed like it was just too big to pass to me. Just my take on it. Anyway, I'm just trying to keep with things and stick to the program - definitely staying away from excessive fiber!

Postby SunshineHope » 08 Mar 2008, 02:10

Let us know if that works for you Janis! Maybe it's true that too much fibre is a bad thing?? It definitely was for me.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38