Seton stitch post surgery

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Seton stitch post surgery

Postby phojay » 01 Jul 2016, 18:36

Hi all.....so.glad I have found this forum!

I've had bowel/anal problems for around 3 years now and have finally had surgery 2 days ago. After having 3 exploratory operations, the surgeon has now performed a seton stitch for a fistula and removed 2 skin tags.

Unfortunately she has given me no information on what she's done or explained after care other than she will see me in 12 weeks and then arrange to remove the stitch and tackle the fissure and prolapse next!

My questions are, what should I expect pain wise as it's terrible at the moment and I'm having to take 10ml oramorph 4 times a day to cope ( have been on this for 6 months already form chronic pain)

She said nothing about the yuck coming out of it or how to look after it?

Any help greatly appreciated!
phojay

Topics: 1

Re: Seton stitch post surgery

Postby Savaici » 02 Jul 2016, 06:20

Sorry you're in pain, but a big :wel: to the group.

A good idea might be to look at others posts about this, on here, where you might find something that might help you. Would also suggest calling the doctor if things don't improve.

search.php?keywords=Seton&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222