Signs of fistula?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Signs of fistula?

Postby MirandaYvonne » 24 Mar 2022, 20:01

I got an abscess about 3 weeks ago. It burst and I was put on antibiotics. About a week and a half later it was nearly completely healed, no more drainage, just a very tiny spot of blood from it. I have since had a baby, and about five days ago all that horrible pain from the abscess was back and it felt swollen again and was draining. I ended up going to the ER for pain and they mentioned I should see a CRS to make sure it hasn’t developed into a fistula.
Now I’m really freaked out that I have a much more serious problem on top of trying to deal with the abscess pain with a newborn. I was wondering if there were any telltale signs of a fistula when you got an abscess? I’m praying it’s simply an abscess that will heal up for good this time. I’m terrified at the thought of surgery when I have a newborn and I’m breastfeeding so I can barely take any pain meds.
MirandaYvonne
Salt Bather

Topics: 11