Signs of skin tag?

How do you check?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Signs of skin tag?

Postby Alejoboogie » 14 Oct 2015, 12:20

Hey everyone,

So I've been dealing with a fissure for well over two months now. The past couple weeks have been really good though with no bleeding and minimal to no pain when going to the bathroom. I really feel like the fissure itself has healed. But now there's a pain that's bothering me that doesn't necessarily feel like it's the fissure. It's not really a stinging pain that was associated with the tear, but kinda like a mix of the spasm pain and the stinging pain. It only lasts for maybe an hour or two after going the bathroom, depending on how much I sit afterwards. I've heard about skin tags forming after a fissure heals and am wondering if I have one. I would normally just go the doctor and have them check but I'm kinda without health insurance temporarily. So I was wondering if there's a way to check for yourself if you have one. Or like if there's any common symptoms that would suggest skin tag.

This is just really frustrating cuz I've never had a fissure last this long. The longest before this one was like 5 weeks. But if it's a skin tag then there's hopefully an end in sight :/
Alejoboogie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Signs of skin tag?

Postby Savaici » 15 Oct 2015, 09:07

You can feel a skin tag (like a small flap of skin) usually just outside the anus.

Hope that helps! :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Alejoboogie » 16 Oct 2015, 15:03

Thanks for the reply. So I don't think it's a skin tag now. The past couple days or so I've been having some large stools again and think it's just the spasms. As yesterday the pain was excruciating just like I've had in the past with spasms. And then just today I had a hard time starting to go and then when it finally did I felt a pain that I was sure was gonna cause some bleeding. And of course...it did. It wasn't a lot. In fact I would've never noticed had I not inspected it. But it was very minimal, like a spot. This is after over 2 1/2 weeks of no blood though, so you can understand why this is frustrating. I've started taking some tylenol for the pain though, as I remember in the past when doctors prescribed me pain killers (usually ibuprofen) along with a stool softener. I think that was a big part in keeping the spasms at bay and helping the fissure heal faster. So we'll see how this goes. Wish me luck :)
Alejoboogie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Shania213 » 09 Dec 2015, 08:44

Hi

I had this the other day where spasms were stopping me from going......then I rubbed a little magnesium on my skin and half an hour later my anal canal started to ease up and I was able to go..it was like a miracle....I hadn't been in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a relief
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14