skin tag discomfort feels like?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

skin tag discomfort feels like?

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2007, 18:49

Hi all,
Can a small skin tag near the anus be bothersome? What does discomfort from a skin tag feel like?
Thanks

Re: skin tag discomfort feels like?

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2007, 19:48

Very painful! I had one that developed from my fissure and I thought it was a hemorrhoid. The doctor told me it was a bump from the end of the fissure called a sentinel pile which "stands guard" if you will to protect the fissure. In fact, the pain from that led me to believe I was not healing from the fissure. I went back and the doctor said the fissure was healed and the pain was from the skin tag. It took another 6-8 weeks for it to be noticeably improved. I put aloe vera gel on it and it seemed to help it heal and reduce the pain.

Postby Guest » 15 Aug 2007, 08:30

I had a skin tag and it did not seem to bother me. I confused skin tag pain with an abscess that was developing (general soreness). It's a **** to determine which pain is which!

Postby buttgirl » 15 Aug 2007, 10:38

Ouch, that was my problem too, except I kept telling the drs it was an abscess and they kept not believing me. Now I have a skin tag, but I didn't then.
Bad year, I had one bout of minor discomfort from my skin tag. It felt raw and sore to the touch, almost like a rug burn in tag form. For me, that feeling went away by the next day, and I haven't had any problem with it since.

I guess one way for me to tell the difference between the abscess and the tag is that the tag's size has remained consistent, even shrinking slowly as the fissure is healing, while the abscess would be hard and painful one day, reducing the next, hardly painful the next and then worse than even the next day--the abscess was definitely more irratic.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby edward_adams » 16 Aug 2007, 18:32

I had alot luck with Aloe Vera.
I recomend that.
I found the tag more annoying than anything else.
Still have one and it reminds me every once in a while it's still there.
edward_adams
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007, 19:14

Mini-hijack here:
I love that picture of your daughter, EA! She is a doll!