Skin tag- swelling?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Skin tag- swelling?

Postby petrichor » 24 Jun 2018, 18:54

Do skin tags swell and shrink? I've noticed since I started using diltiazem cream that sometimes my skin tag feels bigger than other times. It's never painful. I apply the cream right after bowel movements/showering- could one of those things cause swelling? It could also be all in my head. I'm also not sure if it's really a skin tag- could it be a painless hemorrhoid maybe? Never had a hemorrhoid (that I noticed!) So idk. Glanced in the mirror it appears to be around the same color as the surrounding skin. But I *don't* think it's a sentinel pile because sometimes it almost seems like it's on the anterior side and my fissure is posterior. I plan to ask the CRS when I go in August since I can'tget a good look or feel (I'm too scared to try to do anything more than a few quick dabs of the cream).
Diltiazem
Metamucil capsules (easier than the gross orange drink!)
Miralax
Culturelle probiotics
Managing anxiety - therapy, Zoloft, Xanax for the really hard days
petrichor
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Skin tag- swelling?

Postby workingonitagain » 25 Jun 2018, 22:59

I know my skin tag/ sentinel, swells and shrinks. Usually it has to do with where I'm at in my menstrual cycle. I find it is worst just before menstruation. It can even get a little sore. So hormones definitely effect it. I think Diliazem increases blood flow in the area? So I wouldn't be surprised if it effects it too...
Mine has been slowly getting bigger over the last couple years. sigh.
I do know that it won't go away till the fissure is gone. As far as I know, It should be next to or below your fissure.
I would love to hear what your CRS says. They all seem to have so many different opinions ; )
workingonitagain
Fibre Addict