skin tag

Skin Tag woes

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: skin tag

Postby Intobetterdays » 11 Feb 2017, 14:28

To be honest, I think what would happen was (tmi) the irritated tag would go into the hole while there's urge to poop and then be pushed out with force while pooping. So the cut never healed for me. Every 8-9 days the tag would retear. So every 8-9 days it was unbearable, in between it was irritated for few hours after BM..but ok and bearable. I would lubricate with coconut oil before BM and all day long to keep the tag free from friction. It was hard mentally. But then around September I became impervious to that pain. It's all in the mind. I continued to take care but started going on my lunch walks, traveling etc etc without giving the pain a thought. Of course that didn't make the pain go away, but that improved my quality of life. In December I got it removed. Recovery has been uneventful so far, which is good. I'm still not "normal". It's only been 2.5 months. But I hope I will get there. The fissure and hemm pain subsided within 10 days of surgery. Since then I'm battling with healing just the tag excision site. My doc says I'm 95% healed and it's just the open tag excision wound now. It will take time. Overall I suppose I'm glad I got it removed. I have my days, but remember to stay positive and just not give it much thought. Just do whatever you can in your power to have soft poops and keep your mind strong. It's annoying but you're strong. Good luck to the both of us :)
Intobetterdays
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: skin tag

Postby monkeybutt812 » 11 Feb 2017, 21:25

Thanks! What are your strategies for keeping stools soft? I try to eat a good diet: fruits, veggies, and lots of water. My issue is that if I eat 3 meals a day I will usually poop 3 times the next day. It's not really a problem when I'm not sore and inflamed. I always go at least twice sometimes 3 times a day. I've always thought this to be normal, lately I guess I've been analyzing everything.

You may already have a hand held bidet that connects to the faucet? The one I have works so well I would recommend it to anybody. And no I don't work for them. The brand is called "hydrawand" and it really works well. Most sprayer bidets look like a kitchen sprayer which if you can properly control the pressure I suppose should work pretty well. Some people say they don't provide enough water however. This bidet has a slightly different design and delivers a good solid stream of water. Also, if you angle it right it cleans a bit inside. Now I know you don't want to over wash but this bidet has eliminated many problems for me including itching and not being able to get all the way clean. That's one challenge of having skin tags is cleaning without irritating them same with hems I suppose. I can't live without a bidet at this point! Again just some thoughts...
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10