Spasms vs Reinjury

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Spasms vs Reinjury

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2007, 11:03

I'm still not clear on the difference here and was hoping everyone would share their take on the subject.
When you take special precautions or have issues sitting, is it because of spasms and pain or is it because you are worried about reinjuring the AF?
I think I'm compensating too much by worrying that I might reopen the AF with a every day movement....sitting, walking too much, climbing in and out of an SUV, etc. Both the CRSs that I saw told me that the way the cut is situated, I shouldn't worry about that (within limits, like no heavy lifting), but just concentrate on soft BMs for this concern.
I'm curious to hear the opinions of the board. Thanks! :)

Re: Spasms vs Reinjury

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jun 2007, 11:54

I was just afraid I would start the spasms again, particularly if it was early in the day. I wasn't really worried about re-injuring the AF.
Sometimes I would merely squat at the computer (I couldn't sit hardly at all!) and the spasms would start, or I'd get a sharp pain..
I do think if you stretch your legs the wrong way (like a high knee lift) you can do some damage, but I doubt that everyday motions will re-injure the fissur, or mine would never have healed after my surgery.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2007, 12:51

I never felt like I got spasms so much except for during my period (I know TMI), but I was always concerned about sitting too long but my concern was with the skin tag and not irritating that.
Here is a link to a place that sells a pillow that I use when driving. It has the middle cut out so your anal/perineal area is not touching anything.
http://icnshop.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl?command=goto&file=DailyComfort-ChairCushions.html

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Jun 2007, 15:04

For me, when it comes to daily activities, I'm more worried about aggrivating my fissure rather than re-tearing it. I think the only way it'd retear is from a bad BM or from VERY EXCESSIVE stretching or something. From normal day to day activities (e.g. walking, light stretching, etc.), I don't think it'd retear. I'm more worried about agitating the fissure and skin tags and having that mad itch come back!
hehe . Take care
xo
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jun 2007, 15:16

Be careful straining during a BM, too, Sunshine! I believe that can set the fissure back, too!
Deleted User 5