sufrexal (ointment containing ketanserine)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

sufrexal (ointment containing ketanserine)

Postby happyass » 15 Feb 2011, 22:12

never really heard of this before....
but came across this during my trip to texas and this is what they offer people in mexico in the aid to cure anal fissures.
i did google this and there apparently is a 90% cure rate in some clinical trials for anal fissures but for some reason i have never heard of this drug before. i can't find it prescribed here in the US but it is also good for other stuff.
primarily, it aids in wound healing. it is also used on animals.
feel free to google, here is an example:
https://www.icomstec.com/savings/store/src/store.php?prog=products&a=preview&id=1277&cat=93&in_template=1&nocache=JQG1276833096SGMMER2010/06171276833096&idioma=ENG
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: sufrexal (ointment containing ketanserine)

Postby frustrated » 17 Feb 2011, 19:48

I "googled" sufrexal and ketanserin gel and couldn't find a resource to buy it. It seems to be some sort of wound healer but looks like its not available in US. I tried a couple of Canadian pharmacies too, but no luck. I am willing to try just about anything.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby happyass » 17 Feb 2011, 22:08

if u r in cali, not sure if you are near a border mexican town...that is how you will get it.
today i did some more research and this ointment will probably work in the same vain as nelfidepene and diltiazem as it is also used for vascularization and granulation of tissues.
what is interesting to note is that where diltiazem works on a specific receptor on tissue, it doesn't work on all receptors, which could explain why maybe it may not work well for some.
however, sufrexal works on the other receptor that diltiazem doesn't affect and in some animal studies, it has shown to have a better healing outcome than diltiazem.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Savaici » 18 Feb 2011, 07:49

Is there no chance that you can find a compounding pharmacy to help like I have just done with my Diltiazem gel? Ketanserin seems to have had research done and good results. 90% success rate in one small study. I searched "ketanserin anal fissure" on google.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby happyass » 18 Feb 2011, 10:57

i wonder if anyone - CRS - has considered to dually treat anal fissures with diltiazem and ketanserin? i don't know how that would look like or work - ie, both in the same compound, or alternate day and night or every other day using one or the other.
i think diltiazem comes in pill form, so would it be diltiazem in pill form + ketanserin in ointment form.
who knows.
i think this would make an interesting clinical trial for anal fissures.
also, for those who are not having immediate success or overall success post-LIS, i wonder if maybe, the post-LIS just needs a little help with these therapies to compliment the therapeutic value of both.
so many questions!
happyass
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 27 Feb 2011, 22:17

well i have completed my first week using this stuff and it has helped me out in achieving closure with the skin tag and as a bonus, closing the fissure out too.
my butt now feels normal and having BMs have been awesome as there is no pain, no burning - i didn't have issues with bleeding post LIS at all - or snapping of tissues.
it's a shame this drug hasn't been one that is highly used among the ointments that many AF users talk about. why is it that no one has been offered this as an alternative?
i think for those seeking out ointment treatments, urge your CRS provider or health care provider to prescribe you ketanserin in ointment form as your first line of defense or if you have failed with NTG or diltiazem treatment.
i also think that this should be attempted for those post-LIS who have not been able to achieve fissure healing.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby frustrated » 27 Feb 2011, 23:20

Can I get this stuff from my doc? I looked online at many sites and it's not available. Also, I "discovered" two more ointments...anyone heard of Ultraproct or Relief?
Ultraproct is Floucortotone Pivalate and Hexanoate, Cinchocaine Hydrochloride...Whaaat? and Relief is Benzocaine and Shark Liver oil.
OMG...something has to work...this is the 21st century and we have no meds that can heal a dang tear in your butt?
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Elphie » 10 Mar 2011, 12:37

My mom lives in Mexico, she got me a tube OTC for $50 should receive it when my aunt returns in three weeks o I hope it works! I wanna have a "happy ass" too! I'll let u know... I should get it two weeks befor my LIS...if this is the magic cream I'll hook u all up with my mom she will do anything to help anyone with this issue because she has seen what fissures can do to a normal life!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Elphie » 04 Apr 2011, 18:25

So I got my tube of sufrexal today, have applied it once so far, how did it turn out for you? Did u use it three times a day or after every BM? Sorry, but instructions r in Spanish and seem to mention ulcers....did you stop after two weeks? I am so hoping this works! Sorry for all the questions, i'm very curious to know how it turned out!
Thanks!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Savaici » 08 Apr 2011, 08:08

Wish that Happyass would come back and say how it has gone for him with this ointment. But, if you are feeling good, people drop off the board after a time I guess, and get on with having a life! Will be interested to hear how it goes for you Elphie.
Em
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222