Surgery #2

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery #2

Postby juney » 01 Nov 2008, 21:00

that's too bad you're going in for another surgery bernard. i just had my 3rd and i'm not healing inside either, so i feel your pain. i'm curious what they determine is the reason you're not healing. my dr cannot figure my situation out either. good luck w/ this next surgery.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 02 Nov 2008, 08:07

The very best for your upcoming surgery Bernard !
May this surgery be the end of all your troubles Image
Good luck for MondayImage

Postby cherylk » 02 Nov 2008, 11:48

Bernard,
We need to have more research $$$ for Crohn's. If you are not having a lot of pain, loose stools and diarhea, and losing weight, I doubt very much that you have Crohn's. Keep us posted and best wishes!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 02 Nov 2008, 11:49

I am sorry you are going through such a hard time. I just wanted to let you know that I think about you and have even told my husband a bit about how much suffering you are going through with the pain, the worry about family, job security and all of that and our hearts just go out to you. He really feels for your situation too.
It does sound like they are taking this very seriously and want to find some resolution. There must be something else going on that is keeping you from healing. I do hope that they can figure this out and come up with an action plan to get you better. This is no way to exist. It is inhumane the way you suffer!
Now, about your family, I would say that marriage is for sickness and in health and it is not your fault that you are sick. If that means short term disability or taking out a loan or cutting back in other ways or working part time your family will adjust. You need to focus on getting better. Can your mom or dad help you out? Can someone come stay with you to help out? Can your wife maybe adjust her expectations of what is needed to be happy? I just dont want you getting blamed for your illness. God bless you and I will be praying for you. Good luck and let us know how we can help.

Postby cherylk » 02 Nov 2008, 12:02

I agree, Lecia. Marriage is for sickness and health!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby bherna1 » 02 Nov 2008, 20:34

I appreciate your comments and prayers. I am working on the details with my wife on the adjustments and expectations as well as work. I am ready to be done with this and on to a better life.
I will try to keep you posted some way. I am suppose to be in the hospital from Monday - Friday. From the both of the docs they both said there is no point rushing this operation or the tests. They want to make it the last one. If it takes all week to get to a better point thats worth it to me.
Again thanks for your help and wish me well next week. I will try and see if i can call my 8 year old guru to make a posting on my behalf to let you know how i am doing.
Take Care
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby val » 03 Nov 2008, 02:04

Best of luck Bernard - it will be worth a week of enduring tests if it gets you your life back! If they are determined this is the last of it then thats wonderful! At least they will do everything in ther power to get you better.
And I think that you have the right attitude this time - that you're prepared to do anything it takes to let yourself get better - thats the very best thing that you can do for yourself, give yourself the time that you need to recover without the stress of everything else .
I'll keep praying for you, and wish you a very speedy recovery - we cant wait to hear from your little guru that you're back and you're fine and well on the way to healing and having your life back!
God bless!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 03 Nov 2008, 02:12

Good luck Bernard :)
I agree Lecia & Cheryl, with the marriage is for sickness and health thing....
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 03 Nov 2008, 08:26

Wishing you the best, Bernard. We'll say prayers for all of the tests.
As for the marriage thing, it usually turns about it taking care of the other. I don't know what will happen to my other half as he has diabetes and does not watch his diet properly, but what can I do with him?? He likes to eat candy!! Image
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby pinky » 04 Nov 2008, 06:25

Good luck Bernard.hope they get to the bottom of all your problems.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6