Surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Surgery

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2008, 11:51

Hello out there. I stumbled on this website last night. 72 hours ago I had a
fissurectomy and LIS. I have learned SO MUCH, by reading everyone's experiences.
found out:
my hip pain was due to the poisition I was in during surgery
my crying is a side affect of pain meds.
trying to reduce my meds caused my pain to take over last night, I'm now back on 2 meds every four hours (along with colace and senekot)
I now take ibuprophen inbetween pain pills
the pain is worse than childbirth (we have 3 kids)
I have lots of intermittant spazming...I am embarrassed that I cry out in pain!...but it's ok
It sounds like I lucked out with a great CRS. Compassionate, understanding, explanatory, available. My surgery was at 7:30, I was home by 8:30.
I gotta tell ya, I'm really hurting and I guess all of you know what it feels like!
I had alot of bruising...did anyone else?
Thank you for all the helpful information.

Re: Surgery

Postby buttgirl » 03 Apr 2008, 12:27

Hi Susan.
Welcome. Glad we're able to help.
I had LIS 3 weeks ago. The area was purple after LIS, so I guess I had bruising. I didn't feel it though and the discoloration is gone now. I wasn't very sore afterwards. I stayed on the ibuprofen (which is also antiinflammatory and anticoagulant), and really took it easy. I seem to have had it easy so far as that is concerned, esp because I didn't have a fissurectomy. My main bother was and still is a bit the incision site.
I still have to take it easy, I'm learning the hard way. I can't lift anything or sneeze without feeling the incision and sometimes the fissure.
Happy Healing,
Chris
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 04 Apr 2008, 00:54

Hi Susan,
sorry you're in pain. At least you've got the operation over with, it should get better after the next few days and you'll be so glad you had the op. How long had you had a fissure for?
I dont know if mine was bruised because I wouldn't look at it until a month or so afterwards (I'm a coward!!) but I assume it was because there is bruising/swelling after all operations.
Hope you feel better soon.

Chris,
you shouldn't be lifting stuff yet!!!!! Take it easy, girl!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 04 Apr 2008, 03:21

Hi Susan,
This is a great place to be :) I am new myself and have found great information within the forum....Wonderful members too :)
I wish you happy healing....

Postby Guest » 04 Apr 2008, 06:24

G'day Susan
My thoughts & prayers are with you during this testing time. I hope you have a speedy & full recovery. Hang in there.

Postby buttgirl » 04 Apr 2008, 11:05

val wrote:Chris,
you shouldn't be lifting stuff yet!!!!! Take it easy, girl!

I know. I do need reminers though. I'm really trying to take it easy, but some things catch me off guard. Like, I haven't been lilfting intentionally, but I truly didn't realize how much crap I carry in my purse until I tried to pick it up post-op. I had to cut down to a clutch purse because i just couldn't carry the thing without straining. I also can't go shopping without the hubby, because carrying the grocery bags hurts....I feel like such a whimp...
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 04 Apr 2008, 17:44

Welcome, Susan and congratulations on your steps toward a fissure free life.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Apr 2008, 19:35

I am so amazed at how fast the procedure was over with for you. I was kept overnight in the hospital, and my CRS insisted it could be a three week recovery. You're so lucky, if you have no complications. Way to go!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Apr 2008, 14:56

KIM _ I am sorry that I have to brake the "thread" again : ((( - but I can't post new topic or send PMs !!!!! I type the text and "send" but nothing appears here on the board or in "preview" box !!!!
Do you have any idea what is going on - or anybody else : ((( ???
Thank you so much in advance !!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Sorerumpie » 06 Apr 2008, 23:20

Hi Susan, welcome to the forum . I hope by today you're feeling alot better . Let us know about your progress and how you're doing ok ?
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12