Surgery this Thursday! I hope...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Surgery this Thursday! I hope...

Postby small_flower » 11 Feb 2007, 18:38

So, the official countdown has begun. Surgery is this Thursday, hopefully.
Unfortunately, since Ive been working with first graders for the past 2 weeks, I have managed to come down with a cold, despite taking that Airborne stuff, which, btw, tastes like crap.
So it just started to kick in yesterday, and today I spent all day sleeping because last night was horrible. I went to bed at 9:30 at my boyfriends. He and his roommate came in at 2 am from the bar. My boyfriend walked in and turned on the light!!! Image
So of course, since I hadn't been sleeping well all night (tossing and turning, the whole bit) I was really angry with him. So we had an argument, during which he pretty much called me a liar. Normally im a very passive person, but this i wasnt going to just let go. Normally I just find it easier to let go than to argue, even if I do feel angry. So anyways....back to the fissure...
:roll:
None of this helped me kick my cold. So I've been sleeping all day. Now im worried that I wont be able to have the surgery because I am sick. Its just a minor cold. No fever or vomiting or anything serious. Whats the protocol on that kind of thing?
Im really worried that I wont be able to have my surgery as scheduled, but it NEEDS to happen this week, because this is the only time I'll have while im covered by my insurance, and I'll be on vacation from school.
worried,
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Surgery this Thursday! I hope...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Feb 2007, 19:33

More than anything I'd be careful not to take any OTC meds that might be *verbotten* ! Call your CRS and ask, they will probably be glad to let you know if the cold is going to be a problem and what not to take. Get plenty of fluids and sleep. My feeling is that if you're better by Thursday, it will be a go! Image
I think that my Rx would also include avoiding any emotional problems, like with your boyfriend, until you're healed from the surgery. You don't need any additional stress right now.
Glad you let us know what was coming up!!
Hugh :joker:
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 15 Feb 2007, 18:57

good luck kate.....
even though i am writing from thursday, about 8 pm EST.
i was stuck in chicago on a business trip and didn't get in 'til last night...
anyway, i hope everything worked out for the best Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 16 Feb 2007, 22:00

hey good luck, i hope it went ok as i guess uve had the surgery now? let us no how it went.
xx