7 weeks since surgery and......

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

7 weeks since surgery and......

Postby Buck » 22 Jun 2009, 20:00

Hi-
New to the forum. I've been suffering from a bad fissure for the past 6 months. It has been the worst experience of my life as many of you understand. I had a fissurectomy and hemmoroidectomy almost 7 weeks ago and am finally starting to feel human again. I am still not 100%; not sure if I'm not dealing well with the surgery or my issues were not resolved from the surgery. I was at the Dr. friday and I couldn't handle his exam so he had to stop. He said I should be okay this far along and that the surgical wounds appeared 90% healed. I have another appt. in two weeks and he is numbing me for the exam and prescribed high dose pain meds for me to take prior to my visit.
I'm getting worried the hell I just went through with this surgery didn't fix me, and that this is going to last forever. I haven't had a normal day in over 6 months and it is really draining, both physically and emotionally. I work outside and have a very physical job. This spring I was worthless due to the surgery, and am just getting back to being able to get my tasks done. I have two beautiful little girls, 4 and 1.5 years old. I'm sad they have to see me miserable at times, and I'm upset I can't play with them like I desire and they deserve. My wife is wonderful and I'm amazed she has been taking my crap so well. It has been a pain in the ass (pun intended, of course) for the whole family. Hopefully I'm just a slow healer and this surgery did the trick. If it didn't I'm not sure what other options I have. This can't last, can it?
Thanks for this forum, it's a great way to release.
Sitting on a pillow,
Buck
Buck
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: 7 weeks since surgery and......

Postby happyass » 22 Jun 2009, 22:01

hi buck,
please don't beat yourself down for not healing any quicker and don't doubt yourself that you are not healing either.
this will only add more stress and thus will cause you to tighten up and sorta just create more stress when you go poo.
how are your BMs feeling lately? any issues there?
i hear that the hemmy removal is the most painful and that may be your challenge.
as with any surgery in the butt, it will take a good six months to really feel like you are definitely on the road to normalcy. and a good year for your butt to feel as good as new or as you remember it prior to all the butt issues.
hang in there.
don't lose the faith.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Corsi » 23 Jun 2009, 00:06

Buck wrote: It has been a pain in the ass (pun intended, of course) for the whole family. Hopefully I'm just a slow healer and this surgery did the trick.
Yes that's how this wonderful fissure thing is Buck, it's a life wrecker!!!
Sorry to hear that you are having problems, but I think that some of us heal slowly. I had LIS on February 23 and I ripped last Sunday.
Be careful with what you eat, drink a lot, etc. Don't sit too much if it's painful...
Good luck :)
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Buck » 23 Jun 2009, 04:15

BMs aren't terrible, there isn't that tearing and ripping sensation I had with the fissure anyway. The spasms have also really mellowed. Now it is just this constant feeling of an injury on the mend, that seems to be taking forever. It's good to hear these things can take a lot of time, or I should say it is good to at least hear I may be normal.
I think back to just a few months ago when I would have a BM and literally be on my side in the bed for hours, but always after the dreaded fissure delay response. The aticipation after the initial BM pain of wondering how bad the spasms would be was a daily routine. I'm not having that and thinking back on it is sort of surreal. I was stubborn, didn't go to the doc in time, treated myself for hemmys until I read this forum and another site indicating I had a fissure, and then finally made a Dr.s appt. However, that was to a GI doc and he poked and prodded and could never find anything that created all the pain. I had a feeling he thought I was full of it. When he finally send me to the CRS he immediately spotted the fissure and said it was deep and had an associated hemmy that prevented healing, thus both the "-rectomies". He never even mentioned LIS which is what I assumed I would need due to the terrible spasms, but he thought the procedure I had would work. I sure hope he is right.
All in all I'm doing better than I was before the surgery, more like 60% instead of 100%. There was a steep healing curve for the first month after the surgery and my spirits were up, but the last three weeks I feel I have quit healing and things actually hurt a little worse. Hopefully this path is normal for me. I'm dreading my next CRS appt., especially after he prescribed percocet just to show up and have him exam me. Doesn't sound fun.
Thanks for everything. Who would have thought there would be a forum on butt pain. I'm glad there is. Take care.
Buck
Buck
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby derryboy » 23 Jun 2009, 04:20

good to hear your feeling better. butt surgery does take time. i think the only people that really understands this are the people who are or have went through it... apart from that... butt surgery s a very lonely thing to go through. take care
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2009, 09:58

Hi Buck,
It has been five months since my LIS and I am still not healed. I ripped again too like Corsi. But, I stay positive and know it will get better. I have a two year old and know how hard it is to be a good parent while not being able to play with your kid (s). Hang in there, I know we will all heal someday!