Fissure healed but scar tissue causing spasms

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure healed but scar tissue causing spasms

Postby Bliss » 18 Dec 2007, 14:52

My update
been using nitro cream for 7 weeks now. Result no visible external fissure, no bleeding on BMs, getting my confidence back on going whenever I want to - not just within half hour of waking up.
Downside - still getting really bad anal spasm - totally not related to BM - just lasting all day (if I sit down).
Got v depressed - if fissure is healed why so much pain ?. (Well actually discomfort - nothing like fissure pain)
Have been back to GP & he's done a rectal exam - nothing wierd inside (no lumps & bumps etc) but significant scar tissue just inside anal margin, which he thinks is causing all the spasms.
He's prescribed Xyloproct (lidocaine 50mg & hydrocotisone acetate 2.75mg).
Anyone else got any ideas ?
Thanks
Bliss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Fissure healed but scar tissue causing spasms

Postby Guest » 18 Dec 2007, 15:57

I think you have a muscle spasm. You might want to try a muscle relaxer and keep taking warm baths.

Maybe a physical therapist could help you get unlocked down there.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Dec 2007, 16:01

Did he rule out that it was the shincter causing the spasms?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 18 Dec 2007, 18:04

I had similar issues with the scar tissue. The scar got irritated, the muscle spasmed the scar got more irritated and sore, etc.... I used OTC hydrocortozone ointment for about 1 mo. (longer than recommended) and that did the trick. I stuck with it that long because I am prone to rashes and so I have some super cortizone lying around. I applies that to the area once and all the pain went away. So I figured I keep on with something about 1/100 of the strength until that worked.
Perhaps this would work for you. I wouldn't try this long terms though, because in some people, cortizone can thin the skin, and that would be the last thing you want in the area.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 19 Dec 2007, 12:00

Did you get spasms with your abcess, Chris?I've been getting spasms for a couple of days now, but don't know why, I thought that was all in the past now!
I tried taking valium with the metronidazole but it made me really sick, so don't want to try that again.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 19 Dec 2007, 14:08

anything that causes pain down there gave me spasms, the abscess, the scar, the fissure, anything. I also developed tolerances to the meds so i sometimes had to switch them up. Perhaps you could try drinking valerian root tea. I recommned a lot of honey b/c it tastes icky, but it is the botanical precursor to valium and has some similar effects. you may not be tolerant of that form of it. i use that when I am having trouble relxing and getting to sleep.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 19 Dec 2007, 14:28

using magnesium citrate (tablet form) in the amount of 400mg - 650 mg per day should also help in relaxing the muscles.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby val » 19 Dec 2007, 14:32

Thanks I'll try that. Does it come in tea bags from a health shop, or loose tea you make yourself?
Someone mentioned manuka honey a while back, but I couldn't find the thread again and I wasn't sure whether to eat it or smear it on there! (Gross!)
val
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 19 Dec 2007, 16:17

I get mine in tea bags, but loose would work as well. I's use a teaspoon per cup. I'm not sure about th manuka honey, but the website seems to advocate smearing it on there. I saaw some in my local health food store. Perhaps it might be at yours too.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby val » 20 Dec 2007, 02:43

Ye, I 've seen it in there its REALLY expensive here, so it had better work. I don't want to pay a huge amount and just end up with a sticky butt lol -maybe its someone's idea of a joke! I'll try it and report back.
When is your op?
val
King Fissure