Scar tissue after LIS

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Scar tissue after LIS

Postby mikeb » 07 Aug 2017, 10:31

I've had two LIS surgeries in the last 6 months, basically the first one wasn't performed correctly so paid privately to have it done again, which I had done just over 4 months ago.I saw my CRS last week because I was experiencing some pain and discomfort still, he told me that my fissure had completely healed but have scar tissue from where the fissure was, this worries me as scar tissue is very hard to rectify, so was wondering if anyone still have this problem and how you manage it. Thanks in advance of reply. Mike
mikeb

Topics: 1

Re: Scar tissue after LIS

Postby zinnia » 31 Aug 2017, 19:33

Mike I have same issues 4 mos out- were you able to come up with any solutions?
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Scar tissue after LIS

Postby mikeb » 31 Aug 2017, 20:11

No sorry, I'm still getting the uncomfortable feeling, like a burning sensation. my CRS said try using Sudocrem which I have for about a month but hasn't helped, I think it going to be something I will have to live with. I'll keep looking for solutions and will keep you informed if I find anything that helps. At least it's not as bad as the fissure was.
mikeb

Topics: 1