DMSO and getting rid of scar tissue & stenosis.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

DMSO and getting rid of scar tissue & stenosis.

Postby Fissure UK » 26 Jun 2018, 12:52

First of all I appreciate hearing about DMSO on here although only briefly, because I had never heard of it.

I’m getting desperate to find something that will rid me of the rigid scar tissue from many healed tears around the anus. I have been reading up on this chemical, and it is scary stuff if absolute care is not taken when using it. In fact, the thought of using it is a concern. Apparently it has the ability to penetrate skin, and will facilitate the passage of other substances that are mixed with it to penetrate the skin at the same time!

Quote: Use of DMSO in medicine dates from around 1963, when an Oregon Health & Science University Medical School team, headed by Stanley Jacob, discovered it could penetrate the skin and other membranes without damaging them and could carry other compounds into a biological system.

To me this begs the question how it can actually be used safely. Obviously then, if applied to the area using a finger it is going to penetrate in to the tissue of the finger.

Quote: DMSO can cause contaminants, toxins, and medicines to be absorbed through the skin, which may cause unexpected effects.

It has the ability to dissolve the material that some inanimate objects are made from, and thus carry the molecules of such material through the skin and in to the blood stream too.

Quote: Because DMSO easily penetrates the skin, substances dissolved in DMSO may be quickly absorbed. Glove selection is important when working with DMSO. Butyl rubber, fluoroelastomer, neoprene, or thick (15 mil) latex gloves are recommended.

In respect of the above paragraph, it is “assumed” that the materials that these gloves are made from will not dissolve/degrade when coming in to contact with DMSO and permeate in to the blood stream.

Opines welcome.

Source of quotes: Wikipedia
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: DMSO and getting rid of scar tissue & stenosis.

Postby Hopefull123 » 26 Jun 2018, 18:05

I got dsmo years ago for beautifying reasons but before o mixed it with my cream, it accidently spilled a little on my desk and it burned a mark on the wood. That was scary, I said I would not come into skin contact withbthis stuff. Be careful, maybe there are pharmaceutical grades that will not harm aling but be very careful. Try serrapeptase at least 80 000 units per day pill. Do some research it supposed to disolve scar tissues. I was taking it during LIS recovery and I don't think I have scar tissue issues.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby patience_and_healing » 27 Jun 2018, 11:57

I agree with hopefull that it sounds like scary stuff! Have you considered trying self dilation? It could potentially help to stretch out the scar tissue and make it more pliable. It sounds like a difficult situation you're dealing with. Is the scar tissue on the external sphincter or internal?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Fissure UK » 27 Jun 2018, 14:10

The scar tissue is on the anus. Stretching this scar tissue by using even a small dilator tears it. Hence why I need a fix for this problem.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 28 Jun 2018, 10:50

That sounds really difficult. I've read about hyaluronic acid suppositories on this forum that have helped some people heal. Perhaps you could try those along with dilation. Look for pediatric dilators, they start very small at 7 mm.
patience_and_healing

Postby Fissure UK » 30 Jun 2018, 08:18

Thanks. I have a couple of tapered dilators. They start from about 3mm. One goes up to about 15mm diameter & the other goes up to 18mm. Obviously they don`t have to be shoved in all the way-they can go in as far as required. One is a nozzle from a tube of mastic sealant, and the other is nozzle from a tube of decorator`s calk. Both are ideal for the purpose due to the steep taper. The pupose designed ones I have seen don`t tend start so small. I have to be careful at the moment because I have tore with just the insertion of a finger & plenty of lube. I have also torn doing normal physical activity, so yes it can be challenging.

I looked for hyaluronic stuff oline and saw the lotions/creams but did not find the suppositories?? I`m probably not searching in the right place.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 30 Jun 2018, 11:30

Which country are you located in? The brand name is Cicatridina in Europe, and in Canada it's RepaGyn, but those are the vaginal ones. I imagine they could very well be used rectally too, since the composition is the same. I've ordered some RepaGyn myself recently from a Canadian pharmacy,zero andm waiting to receive it to try it out.
patience_and_healing

Postby Fissure UK » 01 Jul 2018, 05:36

I am in the UK.

I will search for Cicatridina and see what that brings up.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby Fissure UK » 05 Jul 2018, 05:48

Update:

I ordered this item from E Bay. If anyone else needs a supplier this item number will bring it up when entered in the search box. 292624992791

(Thanks P and H) :notacrook:
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Jul 2018, 00:14

Hey fissureuk, did you try the suppositories? Did they help with the pain at all?
patience_and_healing