The blood is back in town....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: The blood is back in town....

Postby marg6043 » 17 Feb 2013, 21:53

I'm just shocked over this.....like out of the clear blue, it comes...this large pink slab covering almost my entire anus.....like what the heck is it??? .

My dear, dear fissure suffered, when I read that, I smile, yes I did, because that is how I describe my own sentinel pile is soo large it covers my entire anus, yes you just developed what is a very big sign of a chronic fissure, the ugly skin tag that hangs in there and gets so swollen and sensitive when we have an active fissure.
When they are smaller they actually recede back to almost normal, when they are old they just feel like deflated over stretched skin, don't worry, unless you have external piles beside your fissure I put my money on sentinel pile.
Yes, if you have LIS some doctors will remove the skin tag, in my colorectal doctor said that he will not bother removing it if I decided to have the LIS as he told me that they are just hanging skin, I really don't like it at all.
I am glad you appointment to find out what it is, an external pile can bleed also when swollen or a sentinel pile.
Calm down GGky1959 sentinel piles and hems are ugly pinkish red and sometimes purple, they can hurt like crazy, itch and make your life miserable, but unless is a rupture pile and constantly beeding you have nothing to worry about.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 17 Feb 2013, 22:17

marg6043 wrote:
I'm just shocked over this.....like out of the clear blue, it comes...this large pink slab covering almost my entire anus.....like what the heck is it??? .

My dear, dear fissure suffered, when I read that, I smile, yes I did, because that is how I describe my own sentinel pile is soo large it covers my entire anus, yes you just developed what is a very big sign of a chronic fissure, the ugly skin tag that hangs in there and gets so swollen and sensitive when we have an active fissure.
When they are smaller they actually recede back to almost normal, when they are old they just feel like deflated over stretched skin, don't worry, unless you have external piles beside your fissure I put my money on sentinel pile.
Yes, if you have LIS some doctors will remove the skin tag, in my colorectal doctor said that he will not bother removing it if I decided to have the LIS as he told me that they are just hanging skin, I really don't like it at all.
I am glad you appointment to find out what it is, an external pile can bleed also when swollen or a sentinel pile.
Calm down GGky1959 sentinel piles and hems are ugly pinkish red and sometimes purple, they can hurt like crazy, itch and make your life miserable, but unless is a rupture pile and constantly beeding you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you, thank you......I know I'm a whiner, a coward, silly....but this fissure is consuming my life and I don't like it one bit. I have cried more in these last 2 months, than of all of 2012 and I'm overwhelmed by all of this. There's no one to talk to, nobody understands it unless they've been through it and all I have are people like you to help me stay sane over this. I mean to have a knife jabbing at your *** 24 hours a day, week after week, my God, its so so overwhelming and now this. I hope its a pile or tag or whatever, I'm just overwhelmed and now to find it may be chronic which means surgery at some point and me with no means to have it....its just too much to bear. But thank you from the bottom of my heart.....as tears of sheer greatfulness flow down my cheeks....thank you.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby marg6043 » 17 Feb 2013, 22:28

GGky1959, I know how fissures can take a hold on our lives, yes they are the worst when they are active and is all we think about when in pain.
I have felt the agony and sleepless night of pain and worry, like you, but fissures are just that, bothersome, painful, irritating littler wounds that can take your peace of mind away, please do not let them do that to you, you have to give time to treat it and heal, remember you have a fissure so just as well take care of it so it can be less painful and bothersome, yes it takes time but that is what time does, it can heal.
I hope soon you get the means to take care of yours with surgery so things can come back to normal for you after healing.
In my case I do have the means but I am giving myself time to see if it heals on its own, slowly but surely so far after 8 months.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby marg6043 » 17 Feb 2013, 22:42

I have cried more in these last 2 months, than of all of 2012 and I'm overwhelmed by all of this. There's no one to talk to, nobody understands it unless they've been through it and all I have are people like you to help me stay sane over this.

I forgot to add, my friend and fellow sufferer, we do, here in this site I also found out that is people like us that care, that has been there and back and that will support us when we need that support.
You always can come back here and cry your hart out, because we all will listen.
Image you are not alone.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 18 Feb 2013, 03:19

Hi, I feel like this too. Crying constantly, I feel like my life is ruined! I am off work, and have now developed depression! I feel like this will never end. Image
Marg, I have spoken to you about caring for the Fissures, how do you cope mentally???
I am finding the pain is causing me to feel so down, and when the CRS said I have 2 now, I cried and cried ......
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby marg6043 » 18 Feb 2013, 07:45

Rachael 1984, when my fissure was at his worst and I was scare to death that could be something worst than just a fissure, as at that time I didn't even knew what a fissure was but I thought it was hems, I went into anxiety, see I always have anxiety that I cope with homeopathy medicine, I take aconite you can find them on any health food store, also get yourself a good stress compound with good herbs like Chinese herbs or more common English herbs.
Take them religiously and it helps with the mood and mild depression.
I also had taken prescribed medications like xanax but that is very rare and that is why I now take the alternatives with no side effects.
Exercises, even when my fissure was at his worst I still did my exercises, I took Ibuprofen and then did my exercises, you can walk when things are bad if you can or engage on more cardio active cardiovascular work out, when better, weights and so on, I have exercises all my life so that was something i was not going to give up with pain or no.
Exercises will increase blood flood to the area helping with healing.
And yes I cried until I decided that this fissure was not going to control me now 8 months later and the last 2 months pain free and spams free I can say that is not gone but it doesn't control me either.
herbs to look for for mood and well being, the chinese herbs are, gastrodia root, eucommia bark, achyranthes root, chinese skullcap, gardenia root, loranthus stem, Chineseria, chinese motherwort, slequesbeckia orientalis, asian water plantain, poriaEnglish.
And english compound and familiar herbs are, Stevia, olive leaf extract, hawthorn leaf, dandelion, lycopene.
I hope this helps, I have learned a lot about herbal compounds for anxiety help and depression in a natural way as I do not like taking medical drugs.
But when nothing helps is nothing wrong with asking your doctor for something mild, but herbal compounds take time to work as they are accumulative, may give a few weeks to a month to see the results and once they accumulate in your system you feel a lot better.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 18 Feb 2013, 09:40

Thank you again Marg, great advice. I have a Chinese herbalist in my area, I will pay them a visit. Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby marg6043 » 18 Feb 2013, 12:36

Yes, you are lucky if you have a herbalist in the area, that takes away from the reserching on what you need as they know exactly what will work for you, even for the fissure, you should ask what will work to heal the fissure also.
Please post back what you have found out with the help of a herbalist if you can.
I use both, a Chinese compound of herbs and a English one.
You know when is working when you start to get a incredible feeling of well being and the things that used to bother you will do not bother as much anymore, that helps a lot when dealing with pain and discomfort, you will also start to feel that is light at the end of the tunnel after all.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 18 Feb 2013, 13:03

Hi marg, I have just ordered the Carlson suppositories form Amazon along with a bidet and some soothing wipes.
I am hopeful that I can heal the new Fissure with a strict regime, not sure about the chronic one though? Are your Fissures acute? I am booked in for Botox in April, but I need relief now. I have a horrible burning that won't go all day! The only time I get relief is when I am in bed at night! Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby GGky1959 » 18 Feb 2013, 13:04

marg6043 wrote:
I have cried more in these last 2 months, than of all of 2012 and I'm overwhelmed by all of this. There's no one to talk to, nobody understands it unless they've been through it and all I have are people like you to help me stay sane over this.

I forgot to add, my friend and fellow sufferer, we do, here in this site I also found out that is people like us that care, that has been there and back and that will support us when we need that support.
You always can come back here and cry your hart out, because we all will listen.
Image you are not alone.

I got up this morning, had my morning cry and got to work on this day off. I made an appt to see a colon/rectum doctor for next thursday. I called my primary care doc. a new one to discuss new pain management. I pick up my ointment samples Tues. and I plan on reading all day today everything I can again about my options and how to proceed with this. I'm eating nothing but navy beans and water, water and navy bean and of course my Aleve and other meds.
I get on my knees and thank God every single day for this site and what it has done for me, every single day, I thank him....and people like you for being here for me....God is good.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25