The one million dollar question once again....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

The one million dollar question once again....

Postby motherluch » 03 Feb 2008, 13:34

Okay, I have even answered this question to others and now I am turning to you all to help with some advice or possible some rhyme or reason here.
Why, out of the blue would I have hard bms for 3 days in a row and I haven't changed a thing in my diet?? I cannot figure this out. The only thing is that I did have that stomach bug a week ago and did have pretty bad diarrhea with it, but that was last Saturday, and since then I have gone back to my Magnesium and have had my usual soft bms at the beginning of last week, and then out of the blue things just hardened up and for the past 3 days. I am uncomfortable with pressure and going to the bathroom in the morning where it is somewhat hard and it actually hurt for the first time in a long time. So far, I think I am ok, but I need to correct this asap. Hopefully today was the last of it, but why oh why did this happen when I did NOT change anything??
Has this happened to any of you?? If so, what did you do to make things move along better?? How frustrating.
Thanks!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: The one million dollar question once again....

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Feb 2008, 14:37

Dear Mom,
I have no idea what could have happened but make sure that you take extra fluids and up a little your MOM until this "crisis" pass. Have you been more active lately since you feel so much better ? It is easy to get dehydrated when you run around and up your metabolism and forget to take all that water that you need. Just a thought Image .
All the best :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Feb 2008, 16:27

Yes, it is very possible that for any number of reasons, your body is just using up more of it's available fluids right now. The MOM idea soundslike a winner!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 03 Feb 2008, 17:48

Maybe it is related to your cycle? As soon as I have a day that didn't go as well in the bathroom as I would like I take a little extra miralax, mom, flax seed oil or fish oil or magnesium.

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Feb 2008, 20:31

Oh yeah, period can cause that for sure !!!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 03 Feb 2008, 22:07

maybe the stomach bug dehydrated you more than you think. even if you've been eating the same foods, maybe you need to drink more fluids. Gatorade, water, tea, etc..get as much of that as you can!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby motherluch » 04 Feb 2008, 08:04

Thanks everyone for your replies. Things finally seem almost back to normal today...Thank God...let me tell you, it is so nerve racking when things go haywire, I really hate how these butt problems can control my life in a way. I mean, it is totally on my mind throughout the day wondering if I am going to damage my butt again just by having a hard bm and wondering what the next day holds. I feel utterly ridiculous sometimes that I think this way.
I think you all had a very good point as to why this happened, but i really feel that stomach bug had to have something to do with it since I have not had a problem with hard bms since the last time I had a stomach bug back in August and ended up not paying attention which resulted in an impaction which caused my internal fissure and my hemmies to bleed. So things were ok until November when I got a little constipated, and had to push a lot (which I will never do again)! and bled once more, had the infrared and since then have been ok. So I am 3 months into healing and hope I can continue healing so i can relax a little. When do you all feel it is just about safe to say you are healed?? How long does it take on average??
Thanks again everyone for your input, I really appreciate it!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 04 Feb 2008, 14:09

Glad you are back on track. I healed in 4 months from the fissure but the integrity of the skin there can take a year to heal. That is why I just act like I have one so that I give my body the time it needs to repair and strengthen.

Postby juney » 04 Feb 2008, 18:36

there's no "average" healing time, i've learned that through my own experience and hearing from others. you can't have any expectations, just take each day as it comes and continue to take care of your body.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36