The Pain!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

The Pain!

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2007, 14:26

How does anyone manage the pain, the pain is second only to childbirth. There are times when I honestly contemplate suicide (not really). The doctor keeps saying water, fiber, exercise and I have done all of this. I even bought Panthederm which cost over 30 bucks. Nothing helps. Today I bought some Tinactin, I read on the internet that it helps, so I am putting foot cream on my butt! If this works I will certainly let everyone know.

Re: The Pain!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Don't count on the tinactin.
The nefedipine cream (compounded with lidocaine) greatly reduced the amount of pain I had. Also, many on the board use advil, it seems to help some.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2007, 16:14

Where do I get the nefedipine cream with lidocaine, Advil didnt help at all, nothing else over the counter helped either.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Sep 2007, 16:17

I didn't have any luck with OTC pain relievers, either, though some do. You will have to have a prescription for either of the two creams. They take from a week to two weeks to work. They have a 67% healing rate, but even if you don't heal as a result of using them, they should lower your pain substantially, and help you have more good days. If you are already aware that your entire anal canal is too tight, then they should definitely help with that.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2007, 20:10

Thank you.

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2007, 07:57

Advil doesn't really help me unless I take a prescription strength dose which is (4) 200 mg tablets. You can get topical numbing ointments OTC but I don't know that they are as strong.