The size of the BM

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: The size of the BM

Postby rio » 18 Dec 2013, 05:19

Thanks Rachael, hope we will find the way out soon. After such a long period the cure will seem like a miracle.
I am not sure about the hems, they are internal, large but dr. said they do not require a procedure since they are not protruding and do not look thrombosed. On every exam I feel how doctor s finger touches hems, but no pain.
Were your hems internal, painful, inflamed, thrombosed or prolapsed or were just enlarged? Was the pain from them (if they wer painful) different from other pain - can one tell the difference?
It is good that you do not have any bad consequences from banded hems.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby rio » 18 Dec 2013, 16:43

An update. I had another examination today, I wanted second opinion from reputable CRS. First I showed him on a picture of the anal canal exactly where the source of my pain is located - (high up and at 4-5 o clock, but my tiny fissure is more at the bottom of the anal canal) and I told him about the puss leakage I had about four times in previous months. Then we agreed that he will press with his finger on the fissure and I will tell how much it hurts and if this is the main pain, because we both suspected that the fissure is not my problem after all. We quickly found out that the fissure, which is very tiny and semi healed does not hurt. He than put a pressure on various points outside and inside the anal canal. It hurts a lot in the upper half, but when he pressed on the point that I described him, that really hurts. He told me that the pain is located in the area of the puborectal sling (he should know, he is anatomy lecturer too). He suspects either Interspinchteric abscess (because of the ocasional puss) or pudendal canal syndrome. He says it is a bit confusing - with long term abscess I should have some fever and a big relief with puss coming out, but it was not so.
I should have a MRI scan first.
I need this MRI to be done quickly, so I will have to pay it - I can not stand this situation for another three or more months. But if it is abscess it should be filled to show on MRI scan and if it is drained it may not be visible. :~!@:
Let s hope it is not something really dangerous.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Postby Scientist2516 » 18 Dec 2013, 17:39

Oh wow, Rio! Thank goodness you are having this looked at properly. Your CRS sounds very good and attentive. I do hope you can get this resolved quickly!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Savaici » 18 Dec 2013, 21:31

So very glad that you are having an MRI, rio, and really feel for you with all the pain.

Thinking of you and let us know how it goes. :smilyhug: :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jr2 » 18 Dec 2013, 22:20

Oh, rio, just getting caught up here. I'm so so sorry to hear all you are going through. I can so relate to the frustration of having a different kind of pain and having trouble getting it diagnosed. I'm in the same spot right now. I am so glad you are making some progress in your diagnosis though, and hope the scan sheds some much better light on what is going on. Thank you for keeping us all updated, even through all your pain.

Wishing you answers, and relief, very soon.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Rachael 1984 » 19 Dec 2013, 03:23

Hi Rio,
I am so sorry you are going through all of this pain. Yes, when I had my hems too there was a lot of pain and burning. But I didn't have pus, which makes me think your CRS is right in giving you the MRI to check for other problems. I had 2 internal hems and then an external thrombosed one popped up too, just to add to it all! I had an MRI too, as my CRS wanted to rule out anything else. It sounds like you should stick with this CRS if you feel more comfortable and confident in him.
I know it is hard, but one day there will be an end to all of this. When is the MRI? Keep us posted.

:hugs: :huggies:
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 23 Jan 2014, 17:08

Hi Rio,
How are you doing? Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby rio » 27 Jan 2014, 14:16

Hi Rachael, thank you for asking.
I was better for three weeks in january. Much less burning pain in the lower part of the anal canal and my skin tag outside not red and swollen, much more normal feeling in that area. BUT, still pain in the upper part of the anal canal on the right back side, which was not constantly so strong - when I was resting it was almost o.k.. I began to exercise (just with arms and shoulders) and was able to go for a walk almost every day (with help of the lidocaine zinc oxyde suppositories and arnica ointment on my back). I was much more happy. Few days ago pain started to get stronger, and burning is coming again (my good old aloe vera leaf helps again - I bought one before christmas, do not dare be without it). Sitting is difficult. I must be more careful what I eat.
My MRI is on the next monday 3.2. We will see.
rio
VIP