Tomato Soup

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Tomato Soup

Postby Guest » 18 Mar 2008, 09:42

Ok, I have yet another question in my quest to find "safe" foods. I'm craving tomato soup but have heard some mention its acidic qualities. I've eaten tomatoes in my salads and other dishes with no problem, but this is a little different, I guess. Any experiences or thoughts?

Re: Tomato Soup

Postby buttgirl » 18 Mar 2008, 11:17

I was fine with tomatoes for a while. If you are too, you could try a small bowl and if you are fine have a real bowl.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2008, 15:26

Tomatoes never gave me a trouble in any shape or form. But, as Chris suggested - if in doubt, try small amount first ; ) ! I hope that it will not give you any trouble - it would be nice to have at least some of favorite foods !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 21 Mar 2008, 11:54

tomato soup was one of the main things I ate when I had my fissure, and it didn't hurt at all, but everyone's different, so its always best to try everything in tiny amounts first
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 22 Mar 2008, 02:54

I manage ok with tomato soup, it doesn't affect my fissure at all, but does give me an acid stomach (soon cured with rennie :) )
Good luck with your food list, it's trial and error, but worth it when you have that list of things you know won't cause you any more pain :)

Postby happyass » 22 Mar 2008, 03:39

mmmm i love a good fresh tomato soup with some basil and the right mix of black pepper and sea salt. i even like to dollup a tiny bit of butter in there (yes i love butter with everything....except ice cream).
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2008, 18:48

Campbells "Tomato bisque" is a wonderful tasting soup...but dont double up on any stool softeners the day you eat it.

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Mar 2008, 01:05

I planted today 4 tomato varieties in my garden : ))) - they look so happy !!! (yes, plants have feelings too ; )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby JR » 01 Oct 2011, 08:15

I know this is old but I was wondering why you cant double up on stool softners the day you eat the tomato soup.
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby Jenbug » 20 Dec 2011, 20:48

Progresso has a great tasting high fibre tomato and basil soup I was (and still am) completely addicted to. It's awesome with a side salad for lunch.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23