fissure and pile...seeking some advice

fissure and sentinel pile. new mom.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

fissure and pile...seeking some advice

Postby Sandiego1119 » 13 Oct 2015, 15:04

hi everyone,

so i had a fissure 2 years ago that healed on its own after several weeks with the help of diet and chinese mayinglong ointment from amazon to help the pain from the spasms.

i had a baby 7 weeks ago and 2 weeks later a painful bm left me thinking i had hemmies because thats what everyone associates with labor. started using the proctozone they gave me in the hospital but with no improvement (now i know why). about a week or so later notices bleeding and figured i probably had a fissure and not hemmies. anyways after calling a million gi's and crs i finally got in with one last friday. she dxed a fissure with a sentinel pile. put me on nitro(pharmacy gave me rectiv as its covered by my ins). she also gave me an rx for dialetzem in case i get headaches. anyways here i am 4 days later. first two days with the ointment i felt the pain from the spasms to be significantly better but yesterday and today no real difference. the chinese ointment helps with the pain a little.

my question is how long do i wait to feel improvement? i do get slight headaches/ drowsiness. should i switch to the other ointment or wait?

i am eating tons of fiber. i tried metamucil but felt it had opposite effect and made things too bulky. i take 2 colace at night but i dont feel like they do anything anymore. i tried to add miralax in the am but that didnt really help either. i find fruit to be the most helpful, stuff like grapes and plums. prunes give me gas which makes the spasm pain 100 times worse! i am nursing and drinking tons of water but i feel like as long as im nursing that initial part of my bm is always going to be a little hard, and then everything is totally soft. i've tried everything.

also for anyone with a sentinel pile, when u applied the aloe, is it right after applying nitro? i never know when to apply aloe but i want to do anything to help it shrink.

any advice please! this is making it so hard to care for my baby. thank you!
Sandiego1119

Topics: 1

Re: fissure and pile...seeking some advice

Postby Paininthebum » 14 Oct 2015, 10:19

I am a migraine sufferer so I cannot use anything that may cause headache. My ointment of choice is homemade. Coconut oil with marijuana leaf crushed with morter/pestle and blended. Small amounts of marijuana are legal where I live. It really helps!! Better than anything else tried. And magnesium is the best thing so far to prevent constipation or hard stools. I take magnesium glycinate 400 mg daily and also use Natural Calm magnesium powder drink daily. Calming and softening.Both available through VitaCost. You might try these things. They have been really helpful for me. If you are nursing, check with your md about using either one.
Paininthebum