Newbie with too many questions

Re-tear?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie with too many questions

Postby PeterQuill » 25 Oct 2015, 12:45

Hello All,

First off I have been browsing this page for the last month and the information has been amazing!
I thought i was on the upward end of things until yesterday.

Ok so background.

Got diagnosed with AF one month ago
1st question - how do you know if its an AF, I went to the doctor and he looked and said he didnt see one, didnt use a scope or anything and diagnosed with me with an AF.
Symptoms - had really bad constipation, passed it. Now I have sharp pain with every BM and blood every single time I wipe.

Ok so I went a month, upped my fiber intake to 38g a day (meticulous about this), drank the 8x8 rule for water, everyday, and sitz bath everytime I had a BM (only one BM a day), I was still having blood every time until last week. I had no blood and no pain for about 5 days.

So I started cycling again, rode about 10 miles over 4 days and now its worse than ever!!

So yesterday I had my usual BM, more blood than ever.
Then I had another morning BM and this time there was blood in the water, blood all over the stool, although less blood on the paper (assuming because it was all in the water)
Now im having almost a burning sensation after this last BM

2nd question - is this the infamous re-tear? are they usually much worse than the original?
I've never had this much

Thanks in advance, im wondering if i need to go back to the doctor earlier than my monthly check up
Starting to think this will never heal
PeterQuill

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie with too many questions

Postby PeterQuill » 25 Oct 2015, 12:50

Oh yea, and i noticed more blood after i used the heating pad (which i got the idea from here!)
Is this good/bad? I would think its good because its increasing the blood flow? Any thoughts?
PeterQuill

Postby owmybum » 28 Oct 2015, 14:25

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you may have irritated things again by cycling so much. The good news is you are doing all the right things and healing was taking place. The new skin is very sensitive and fragile for a good while so it's always best to carry on babying your bottom for that few weeks longer, just to make sure.

If things are still painful in another couple of weeks, go back to your dr and ask for some nitro cream to help speed things along.

Good luck
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby PeterQuill » 28 Oct 2015, 17:34

Thank you for the response!
Its nice to have people to go to that have experience.

I do have one more question.

So I noticed the pain during my BMs is gone.
But not my stool is covered in blood.
Originally the paper had blood, now it only has a drop or two, and originally the stool had no blood by now half of it is covered in it on the outside?

Is there any logical reason for the change?
PeterQuill

Postby Daisy » 30 Oct 2015, 02:26

Hi Peter,
It's probably best to go get rechecked. Are you seeing a general practitioner, or are you seeing a colorectal surgeon?
It sounds like you re-injured yourself as you were riding. If you can find another sport --swimming or walking, you might be better off. But get back to the fiber intake, water, sitz bath and dietary changes. They were working!
Daisy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3