so nervous about surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

so nervous about surgery

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 08 Nov 2015, 19:44

having colorectal surgery in a weeks time and i'm getting so much anxiety over it.
has anyone had this surgery on the nhs?
Deleted User 4536

Re: so nervous about surgery

Postby Savaici » 08 Nov 2015, 19:53

What surgery are you having done? Colorectal surgery can be many different types. Let us know what you are due to have done.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 09 Nov 2015, 19:34

it's just general colorectal surgery since my doctor couldn't give me a confirmed diagnosis. i have an anal fissure and skin tag, and my doc says she thinks i have a hemorrhoid too.
Deleted User 4536

Postby Savaici » 09 Nov 2015, 21:51

You may just be having an EUA (Examination Under Anesthesia) but my suggestion is to ask...

I will give you the honest truth about surgery i have had on my anal area, so that you know.

I have had hemorrhoid surgery, twice. If you are having this, it can be very painful afterwards. But, if you get pain medication and stay on top of it, I am sure it will be fine. After surgery, your BMs because of anesthetic can be difficult, so make sure you don't let yourself be constipated. I too did not know what surgery I was having way back then and I probably would not have had the hemmie surgery. Everyone gets them. Now I research everything!

If you are having surgery on the fissure it is also a bit painful, but easier. Again, watch that you do not let yourself get constipated. The same with getting an anal skin tag removed. Any surgery on your rear end is always painful because of all the nerves there, but many have gone before you and gone off the forum and are getting on with their lives.

So, my advice: invest in a Sitz Bath from the pharmacy to soak your bum afterwards. Have something (Milk of Magnesia?) to make sure you don't get constipated.

I wish I could give you more advice, but it's difficult with so little information. If they are doing all three things at the same time it will probably be painful afterwards, but you can keep on top of it with medication. If you have one hemorrhoid, I would leave that, also the skin tag (these come after fissures heal and an reoccur), unless it really upsets you I would leave that too (this is just MY opinion). If you are having surgery just for the fissure, I would have this done. I will give you a link to someone who had LIS surgery and his healing time.

Also, if you want to search on here, use the search above between FAQ and Portal. There you can search by topic like LIS, hemorrhoid and skin tag or sentinel pile (another name for a tag on the bum).

The links for you:

LIS Surgery from Davo:

my-lis-diary-march-2012-fully-healed-in-4-weeks-t4589.html

Hemorrhoid surgery recovery:

hemorrhoid-surgery-recovery-t8126.html

Skin Tags: (one is for our sub-forum on here and has a few posts there)

anal-skin-tag-sentinel-pile-f33.html

skin-tag-sentinel-pile-t8447.html

:smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 16 Nov 2015, 13:28

thanks so much for your reply. yep you are right it is EUA.
if anyone could give me details about EUA, it would great, thanks.
Deleted User 4536

Postby Savaici » 16 Nov 2015, 20:17

Here is a link with quite a few replies, on the forum:

post112814.html?hilit=EUA#p112814

And another one:

post75011.html?hilit=EUA#p75011

Just remember that not everyone has the same experience! :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 20 Nov 2015, 16:35

SavaIci wrote:Here is a link with quite a few replies, on the forum:

post112814.html?hilit=EUA#p112814

And another one:

post75011.html?hilit=EUA#p75011

Just remember that not everyone has the same experience! :smilyhug:

thanks again, appreciate your help.

so the surgery is in less than 2 weeks time and it's botox injections and a skin tag removal under general anesthetic. praying this helps and finally the nightmare can end!!!
Deleted User 4536