Extended Anal Fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Extended Anal Fissure

Postby mada2885 » 19 Nov 2015, 16:06

I am a 30 year old male and have always had issues with hemorrhoids and constipation since I was very young. About 8 years ago I had what I thought was a severe hemorrhoid which turned out to be an anal fissure. It took a long time to heal (a month+) but after it did I assumed the misery was over.

Unfortunately in March/April of this year (2015) I had a relapse which was a very severe anal fissure. I had seen my general practice doctor and had tried dozens of techniques from diet (fiber-based and water) to creams, baths, sitting/standing positions, etc. The worst part (severe stinging, burning, discomfort during bowel movement) lasted for about a month until finally the agony all went away...or so I thought.

Ever since I have been very diet conscious (35 mg+ of fiber per day, 96 ounces of water, no junk food, etc.), exercising, and being careful with bowel movements and straining. But ever since the episode this year it seems that I have a persistent dull anal ache/pain/discomfort. And it appears to be at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions (whereas the original fissure 8 years ago was at the 6 o'clock position). I am trying to keep soft stool and exercise to keep good blood flow (along with taking milk of magnesia regularly to combat any constipation, which my doctor said was completely fine), so I'm at a loss why I can shake this.

Is it still an anal fissure? It sure feels like the very minor start of one. Or does it just take a very, very long time to fully, 100% heal?

PS: and of course this minor pain and discomfort is nothing compared to the agony back in March/April, but as I have severe anxiety (worrying mostly) and depression this just throws me off and has been doing so for about 8 months. I really consider this anal fissure as "ruling my life" more or less.

Thanks.
mada2885
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Extended Anal Fissure

Postby Savaici » 21 Nov 2015, 13:48

Hello and :wel: to the forum. Difficult to know for sure what the problem is. Has your doctor prescribed any of the ointments/creams for anal fissures; Diltiazem, Nifedipine or Rectiv?

A fissure in the 3 and 9 o'clock position is a bit less usual than one in the 12 and 6. Really would suggest seeing a Colon and Rectal Surgeon (CRS) as they are the real experts in this. You seem to be doing everything else to 'smooth the way' so that would be my next step if it was me. :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222