Two Kenalogs w/ Feingold - now Botox

Still not Healed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Two Kenalogs w/ Feingold - now Botox

Postby CartoonHero » 24 Dec 2015, 02:52

Hey all -

So here's the story in short.

2010 - I started having pain, blood and hard BM's not sure what was happening. Thought it was roids...boy was i wrong. Went to a local doctor and he gave me Diltiazem after discovering a small fissure. 6 months go by, feeling okay.

2010 - More pain. Back to same doctor, prescribes me Nifedipine - same deal. This time, about a year goes by.

2011 - Pain again. Same deal. Back to another doctor in the suburbs of NY this time...

2012 - More pain. But i'm screwed - No health insurance since i'm out of school and my job doesn't offer it. Oh well! More creams without any relief...

2015 - 3 years later. I finally get health insurance after suffering on a near daily basis with fissure pain. I go to Dr. Feingold right away because at 30 years old (male), I didn't want to do any cutting. We did a kenalog in May...

2015 (August) - Little pain, little spasm. Thinking I'm okay...

2015 (November) - Pain again...go back to Feingold. A new, smaller fissure than the chronic one I had appears. However, this fissure is in the same general area as the last. We decide to do ANOTHER kenalog procedure.

2015 (Present) - No improvement. Had some good days but fissure is still around, spams still here, nothing to do. BTW I am 147.7 lbs and 6'1. I eat tons of fibre, barely any sugar and drink tons of water. Constantly constipated...

But I have been so scared to get LIS - I finally went to Cornell TODAY to see the head of their program, Dr. Parul Shukla. He told me I needed to try the Botox b/c that will stop the spasming, at least for a while, and hopefully in combination with the Kenalog, cure me for good. He said he doesn't feel I need LIS as it doesn't handle the actual fissure - i.e. if your fissure is at 12 o'clock, they cut at 9 o'clock to relieve resting pressure...I don't want that. I want the actual fissure healed.

Anyway it's been a nightmare. I've thought about horrible things, I've thought about worse. I just want to get better. 5 Years and counting without more than a few weeks of relief.
CartoonHero
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Two Kenalogs w/ Feingold - now Botox

Postby Savaici » 24 Dec 2015, 07:48

Hi and welcome. You seem to have tried everything, so you might want to look at these posts on the board for those who have had Standardized Anal Dilitation/dilatation. I healed with self-dilation, so this works too, just takes longer and a lot more effort. You can search for that on here too (see search link below). I have included a publicized results (small number of subjects, but good results nevertheless). Also the link to the doctor in NY who does this, and included the best search facility on the Forum, where you can search by topic.   

Any questions, etc., feel free to ask. 

http://www.colonandrectalsurgeons.com/crsli/Index.html

search.php?keywords=standardized+anal+dilatation&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

post98144.html?hilit=SAD#p98144

search.php

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19361582
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby CartoonHero » 24 Dec 2015, 09:12

Hey Man thanks so much.

I'm actually going to do the botox shot at Cornell on Tuesday (29th) so hopefully this will do the trick. If not, I'm going to check out this doctor out east on Long Island and see what dilation can do. I'm really hoping however, that the botox will do the trick for me.

The fissure i had at first pretty much vanished with the kenalog but this new smaller one has not yet healed...i think that the botox in combination 6 weeks after the kenalog will HOPEFULLY do the trick and end this pain forever.
CartoonHero
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Manitourose » 25 Dec 2015, 16:26

Hi cartoonhero,

I think it is great you are seeking another opinion. The botox may be just what you need to settle the spasms down in order to heal a bit and get a rhythm. Will be interested to hear about the procedure and this doctor.
Here's to healing!
Manitourose

Topics: 14