PULSING VEIN FEELING

Has anyone ever felt this?

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

PULSING VEIN FEELING

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 27 Dec 2015, 14:30

I am at my wits end. I literally don't know what to think or who to go to for advise anymore. I have a complicated history of fissures and one thrombosed peri-anal vein with surgeries for both including Botox and excision of vein.

I had the vein removed 6 months ago and have a scar just into the anal canal. It has never settled, surely 6 months is long enough to stop feeing pain from a scar, even though it is in a compromised area? That's the first problem. I do not what to do to prevent the pain from that scar interfering with everything. I cannot walk very far before it rubs and sitting makes it worse for hours.

Then there is this pulse in my rectal wall/anus area. Sometimes it travels to me buttocks. Feels like veins pulsing. I remember feeling this before I discovered the thrombosed vein and now its back. I am very scared.

Am I alone with these symptoms? Anyone???
Deleted User 4175

Re: PULSING VEIN FEELING

Postby msimon » 27 Dec 2015, 14:57

I can't relate to the pulsing too much, although I have had it to a small degree from time to time. As for the scar tissue, my physio says it's not the scar tissue itself that hurts it's because it is not as flexible as the original tissue and it is the pulling this causes that causes pain. The key is to work the tissue to 'soften' it so it pulls less. My physio suggested gentle massage of the area. Have you seen a physio for this?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 27 Dec 2015, 15:17

I have a physio. She has been working on external scars ie birth scars but I would have to go rectal and I don't think I am ready for that. Too painful
Deleted User 4175

Postby msimon » 28 Dec 2015, 03:49

I am in the same place. I haven't let her go there yet. I just think, since I am getting by, I don't want to disturb things and make it worse. Maybe in time...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64