Someone PLEASE HELP, cannot get a diagnosis

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Someone PLEASE HELP, cannot get a diagnosis

Postby restoringfaith » 17 Feb 2016, 17:19

On Friday I had awoken to a bout of horrible stomach pains/diarrhea. For the rest of the day my anus burned and stung. I was able to find relief by rubbing coconut oil onto the affected area followed by sitz baths. The following Sunday I began to experience a pinch like sensation back on my anus. The pain was not constant but intermittent. On Monday a small hard lump half the size of a pea had appeared at the 1 o clock position of my anus. It was pinkish red, not hot, slightly swollen, and hard. The pain followed with it was not really that bad but just enough to notice. On Tuesday I went to the doctor and they said they were unsure of what it was. The doctor said that it looked a little far away to be a hemorrhoid and that she didn't think it was an abscess because the pain had been slightly subsiding and the mass hadn't grown in size, there also wasn't any signs of infection. She basically told me to play the waiting game, but waiting to see what happened with something like this is truly deteriorating my quality of life as I am a nervous wreck. Today there is no visible lump but when I touch the area and slightly push down on it I can still feel the hard lump underneath the skin. Mind you it is not very big or causing any pain today unless I push on it which still isnt even really bad. What worries me is that I dont know what it is and the doctor doesn't know what it is. I speculate that I might have burst a nearby blood vessel and what I am experiencing is either some sort of clot or scar tissue. I have internal hemorrhoids and I have had a perianal abscess/fistula back in august. I am not leaking any pus or running a fever. The only remaining symptom I have is a hard lump underneath the skin right next to the anal verge. ANY input on this would be greatly appreciated.
restoringfaith

Topics: 2

Re: Someone PLEASE HELP, cannot get a diagnosis

Postby restoringfaith » 17 Feb 2016, 17:22

I have also been treating with sitz baths, coconut oil, 1500 mg turmeric, vitamin c, fish oil, and lots of water.
restoringfaith

Postby hurtinend » 17 Feb 2016, 17:58

don't worry too much if it doesn't cause much pain.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby restoringfaith » 17 Feb 2016, 22:07

The main reason that I worry in a situation like this is the result of not having a diagnosis for the symptoms I am experience. I have searched the forums and web and found only things that relate to an abscess or hemorrhoids. After my last bout with a perianal abscess my mind has been messed up when thinking about if I were to get another one. I just want to know if anyone else out there has expierienced symptoms simillar to mine or have found a slightly painful hard lump that wasnt an abscess or hemorrhoid
restoringfaith

Postby SurvivorX » 18 Feb 2016, 11:13

Im 2 months post op and I have two lumps that formed shortly after operation. They dont hurt according to my doc these are hemorrhoids resulted by operation.
If theres no blood or purulence this is NOT fistula or abscess both have these symptoms if none this is something else-hope that helps.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14