Going for botox and pregnancy again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Going for botox and pregnancy again

Postby Cinderella » 19 Mar 2008, 10:49

I had rubber band ligation and everything went well. However I was diagnosed with two AFs however both of them are or at least were superficial. My CRS strongly recommended that I would go to LIS becuase my anal sphincter is very tight and I have had more or less AF problems nearly 1,5 years now.
However after the rubber band ligation I felt much better and because of that there is already a possibility that I migt be pregnant. Of course my AF has become much worse now so Ireally do not know what to do? Does anyone know if it is possible to have LIS while pregnancy? If I am pregnant I am afraid that I cannot copy with this pain. However I do not know it yet. I still have to waite over a week to know the situation but I am already quite worried of my situation.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 19 Mar 2008, 11:18

I am pretty sure they won't do colo-rectal surgery during pregnancy. At least they wouldn't with me when I had raging hemorrhoids. But that was 5 years ago so maybe it would be possible. I would talk to your doctor about it.

Wow-you are brave not to wait until you were healed before having a baby. But it must not be too bad if you have gone through this before and felt ready to proceed already.
Babies are great but so stressful when you aren't feeling good and you have a little one at home already. I hope everything goes okay.

Take care!

Postby Sorerumpie » 19 Mar 2008, 11:24

I read recently that advance falp surgery was used for women during or after pregnancy becuase it was less risk
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Mar 2008, 17:42

I only read that it was done after pregnancy and because there was assumption that right after labor internal sphincter is already compromised so they don't want to cut it and make a woman incontinent.
I don't think that CRS surgery or any other non emergency surgery is performed on pregnant women - too many unknowns to deal with.
If you are pregnant - it is going to be tough - you will be probably advised to take it easy even with pain meds : ((( and probably worry about anything that you might want to take to help with BMs.
I really feel for you and I wish you all the best ! I wouldn't be able to do it (to go through pregnancy with fissure) even if I knew it was my only chance to have baby ever : (((.
Good luck !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 19 Mar 2008, 23:56

You could try botox inthe meantime. It only requires a local anesthetic or none at all. i didn't get any. I figured what's the difference...feeling one shot in the are or two...
Bum Issues also just had LIS under a local anesthetic. I'm not sure if he was sedated at all.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2008, 00:54

Oh, I would not mess with neurotoxin Image - especially not in the first trimester Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Cinderella » 20 Mar 2008, 14:44

Thank you for your support. However I am not sure yet if I am pregnant or not. However last time I conceived immediately but you never know how everything goes this time.
I can make a test after a week.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Postby Cinderella » 24 Mar 2008, 12:25

My situation has became awful. I have horrible pain nearly all the day after BM. I have decided to go for LIS whether I am pregnant or not. I think that I should be able to have LIS after first trimester if I cannot stand the pain. I will call my CRS on Thursday and discuss more but I think I do not really have any other options because my life is like hell now.
Sorry for complaining but I am so tired with this pain.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Postby juney » 24 Mar 2008, 16:59

i don't think they'll do the LIS if you're pregnant, unless they can do it in office w/ no anaesthetic. i hope you're able to find a solution to your pain soon!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Mar 2008, 01:16

So sorry Cinderella to hear about your pain - as I said - I can't even imagine being pregnant and having a fissure at the same time : ( !
I really hope that your doctor will find perfect solution for you.
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP