anal fissure, how to get stool smaller

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

anal fissure, how to get stool smaller

Postby Deleted User 5050 » 17 Mar 2016, 10:22

I have been struggling with an anal fissure for a few months. I got a rx cream from a colorectal surgeon. I have constipation problems my whole life but they became very bad during my pregnancy and postpartem (12 weeks pp now).

I am on 1 capful of miralax a day. It was working well, 2 weeks ago. Now, my stools are softish.. like playdough but very large. Im wondering if i am getting too much fiber? Ive been eating a lot of berries and pecans. I probably get 30-40 g of fiber a day.

I really dont want to have surgery.
advice welcome!
Deleted User 5050

Re: anal fissure, how to get stool smaller

Postby Savaici » 19 Mar 2016, 06:24

:wel:!

Here is some info on fibre. It sounds to me that you are possibly taking a bit too much. There is a lot of info on here about fibre - use the search between FAQ and Portal above where you can search by topic, etc. Make sure you're drinking enough water too.

search.php

How much fibre do you need?

How much fibre do you need each day? The Institute of Medicine (USA) which provides science-based advice on matters of medicine and health, gives the following daily recommendations for adults (in grams):

Age 50 or younger:
Men 38g    Women 30g
Age 51 or older:
Men 30g     Women 21g

Institute of Medicine, 2012
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: anal fissure, how to get stool smaller

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 19 Mar 2016, 21:39

take a magnesium supplement. they work really well for making your poo soft and smaller. good luck.
Deleted User 4536