Draining restarted again?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Draining restarted again?

Postby Trolley5 » 31 Mar 2016, 23:23

Hello, I have a question!

I had a fistulotomy with a cutting seton at the end of November, and it's been healing very well. I saw the surgeon a month ago and we were both pleased that the discharge had decreased and there were no other symptoms. He said that either the seton would fall out on it's own or that if it didn't by June that he would remove it in his office.
What is weird is that about a week ago I noticed that the drainage had increased quite a bit. It's at the same level of draining as it was one month post surgery. I find this weird. I know draining is good, but how did I go from minimal discharge to changing my pad 3 times a day again.
The only thing I can contribute it to is that last week I had a couple of episodes of diarrhea. I am lactose intolerant and I indulged in a little too much ice cream and I paid the price for it. I had alot of gas/flatulence and diarrhea the day after. Could the diarrhea had something to do with it?
If anyone could help me out that would be great! Thanks!
Trolley5

Topics: 2

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?