cant get consistent stool size

stool size/ miralax / fiber

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

cant get consistent stool size

Postby Deleted User 5050 » 20 Apr 2016, 11:06

Ive been taking 1 1/2 caps of miralax a day for a month or two. However, i cannot get consistent stool size. Some days its large but still soft (would be a really good bm for me if i didnt have a fissure). I usually have to go 2-3x a day on these days.

other days i have tiny soft (like pinky finger width) bm's and have to go 5+ times a day.

Ive been keeping a diet log to monitor my fiber. Its so annoying, i feel like my life revolves around food and poop. ugh

I think too much fiber bulks up my stool a lot but the problem is im breastfeeding and im really hungry. I have to find things to eat w/o fiber because i can easily get 30g of fiber in a day very quickly.

Im wondering if i should switch to colace and magnesium to try to get a more consistent soft stool.... but im scared of transitioning and getting constipated.
Deleted User 5050

Re: cant get consistent stool size

Postby Canadabum » 20 Apr 2016, 16:25

perhaps try eating throughout the day rather than 3 larger meals....spread the food out and perhaps the process of digestion will in a way keep the volume more consistent...just a thought

are you taking the miralax in one shot or are you distributing throughout the day....if taking it all at once you may also want to consider splitting it up between morning and evening

let us know how it goes

canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: cant get consistent stool size

Postby Deleted User 5050 » 20 Apr 2016, 16:26

I do eat all throughput the day. I also take the moralax in the am... maybe i will try splitting it. Thanks
Deleted User 5050