Saw a new CRS...Awesome!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Saw a new CRS...Awesome!!

Postby motherluch » 26 Feb 2008, 09:30

Hi everyone,
I have once again been recuperating from another yucky illness...the dreaded flu bug got me, it is all around me, my husband just had it, it was awful, hope you all avoid it!
Anyway, I did a ton of research and through a friend found an incredible CRS in Manhatten who was actually the pioneer in the treatment of AF and hemorrhoids with nitroglycerin. He has many, many Top Doctor awards deservingly so, he was by far the most reassuring, compassionate, intelligent Dr. I have ever seen, no kidding, and like I said, I am a nurse which makes me really picky when it comes to health care!
The long of the short of it is, my fissure is not even an issue, I am healed...yippee (I say that in a whisper because you never know with these things)! My bleeding is definitely from my internal hemorrhoids, which I have a few options on how to deal with them. I could have a hemorrhoidectomy and hopefully never bleed again, but in my case this is not necessary at this time, but if I chose to do it, I could. He seemed to discourage me from this choice for now. I could have bandings and/or infrared done as well, but I would have to have many treatments to get rid of them all, so this is something I am thinking about, or I could just go on with my life, knowing that the bleeding is from my hemmies and try to calm down because he reassured me over and over again, that I will NOT die from my hemorrhoids!! He seriously calmed me down, and made me feel much better in regard to bleeding. He said basically noone wants to see blood obviously, but that I can really just realize that this type of bleeding may come and go as long as they are still there, but it is ok, I will not die from this or bleed out!! He also said the most important thing I can do is keep my stool soft (easier said than done as we all know), and this should obviously help. He also agrees with my other Dr. that my digestive system has not been right since birth, that I was born premature and that it probably never developed properly, and that I should take MOM, Mag, whatever it takes for me to go, every day for the rest of my life. So any of you who are worried, that is 2 Dr.s that have said if you need it take it an a daily basis forever and it is fine (as long as your kidney function is ok).
I just wanted to share this with everyone, so now I feel much better...today anyway!! Hope everyone else is feeling good today!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Saw a new CRS...Awesome!!

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2008, 10:05

That is very reassuring. I think it makes sense not to worry about internal hemorrhoid bleeding from time to time. Is the infrared coagulation supposed to stop the bleeding though?

Reassuring to know too that stool softeners can be used as needed. Sounds like you found a good doctor. So glad that you are feeling comforted.

Postby juney » 26 Feb 2008, 12:28

i'm glad you found a good doctor! he sounds like he really knows what he's talking about.

i'm relieved that yet another dr has said MOM is okay long-term. that's totally reassuring to me, since i'm having such a hard time cutting back on it.

if you're not having pain from the hemmorhoids, maybe there's no reason to mess around with them now. if they get to be too much to handle i'm sure this dr will be able to take care of it. but i'm glad he reassured you that a little bleeding is okay.

how did the dr determine that your fissure was healed? did he do a scope exam or just manual/visual? my CRS showed me the scope yesterday and that thing looked too huge to fit in my butt! she just used a tiny finger to feel around.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby motherluch » 26 Feb 2008, 14:30

He actually did a manual and an anoscope exam. It was just a little uncomfortable, not painful, but then again, my fissure has healed.
Yes, it is good to know that we can take magnesium in any form long term as long as we have good kidney function, for me it is imperative since I am completely dependent on magnesium at this point in my life.
The bleeding, as you all know, had totally freaked me out, I really needed to hear from a Dr. I trust and respect that it is ok...I did explain that although sometimes it wasn't a lot of bleeding, other times it truly was a lot. He continued to reassure me, and now at least I know I have a Dr. who can and will treat me if need be.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby happyass » 26 Feb 2008, 17:29

hi motherluch,
another great source of magnesium is a variety of seaweed veggies like wakame, hiziki, kombu, arame.....just to name a few.
this way you can get magnesium from a natural source.
good to hear you sound very inspired and relieved to have found a CRS that you can like.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2008, 06:01

G'day Motherluch
Great to hear your relief. You sound a lot less stressed, now that you've found a good CRS. That's fantastic news & I hope those internal hemmies don't cause you too much grief. Best wishes.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Feb 2008, 07:03

ML,
This guy sounds like a keeper! That's interesting that you all think your digestive system may not be functioning properly. Could be the ultimate source of all your butt woes!
Let us know what you ultimately decide upon....
Deleted User 5