Coffee and weight lifting

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Coffee and weight lifting

Postby LTC079 » 10 Jul 2016, 12:04

I have a small, painless AF that causes anal leaking. The leaking began after a stapled (HAL) hem surgery but it's due to the AF, not the surgery wound (which has been completely healed). I've been given suppositories after the AF diagnosis and before that but it can't heal completely. It has been improved to the point where I have no spasms but it's still causing leaks.

My questions are: does light weight lifting and coffee affect the healing process?

I'm doing light exercises with 8kg (17,6 lb) dumbbells that don't make me strain or push. I'm breathing normally when lifting but I'm still not sure if this is beneficial because it promotes blood flow or detrimental because it puts pressure to the area. The exercises make me feel like I'm walking at a quick pace instead of doing something actually heavy.

Also, aside from it's diuretic properties, does coffee affect the blood flow in that area? Should I stop drinking coffee or should I drink more? I'm drinking 2 cups/day.

Thank you in advance.
LTC079

Topics: 2

Re: Coffee and weight lifting

Postby Savaici » 10 Jul 2016, 12:28

I drink coffee...always have. But, mine is with lots of milk so it basically cuts down the caffeine.

About working out; listen to your body is my only advice!

:wel: to the forum!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby LTC079 » 11 Jul 2016, 05:25

Thank you Savaici
LTC079

Postby LTC079 » 15 Jul 2016, 10:57

This is kinda unrelated to the title but I need your help

I'm talking a stool softener to help the fissure heal and it occasionally makes my poop muddy and easy to pass. My doctor also prescribed me suppositories to help the fissure heal. But whenever I have well-formed stool the fissure worsens and I have minor leaks afterwards. Before pooping the leaks are almost nonexistent and the area feels normal.

I'm having a healthy diet and I'm eating lots of fiber-rich foods and my poop is quite normal, albeit big. I'm passing stool about 1/day and I'm never constipated, yet I'm still having leaks. I don't know why to do anymore.

Is there anything else I can do? I really don't want to go through a surgery for a small tear. :cry:
LTC079