And here is another sad story

New introduction

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: And here is another sad story

Postby Misty789 » 14 Nov 2016, 21:33

Update. New thrombosed hemorrhoid on the left front, and a new fissure over that one. The old fissures healed, and the new ones are fresh and bleeding. There are more deeper in the canal as I can feel them, but not see them.

I've been reading a lot of posts, and now I am not sure if LIS will help me. It seems that it's mostly for just 1 fissure. What do I do with multiple fissures? Will LIS work for this also?
Misty789
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Drainer » 15 Nov 2016, 20:15

Rooting for you Misty! Please let us know what your doc says.
Drainer

Topics: 1

Postby juzaaaa » 16 Nov 2016, 10:43

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain again.
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Misty789 » 19 Nov 2016, 22:17

Thanks Drainer, juz,
I have an appointment on Monday with a CRS...
Misty789
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Nov 2016, 04:35

Hi Misty hope everything goes well....I don't have an answer really but my CRS deals with lots of IBD patients I have crohns...have you been tested for peri anal crohns as that manifests with multiple fissures. Now I could be wrong because this was from a few months back and I was in pain but I'm sure my CRS said he has done LIS for people with multiple fissures as long as the came back negative for crohns.
Good luck for tomorrow
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Misty789 » 02 Dec 2016, 14:30

Update,
As of the last post, I have a deep fissure that is anterior just left of center, with what I think is a small hemorrhoid under it. It is very deep and long and hurts all the time. There is another fissure directly on the back, but that one only hurts during bms. Blood drips into the toilet and I scream in agony every bm. The pain continues until the evening. I have found lidocaine cream and this cuts a few notches off the pain, I would say in half. Can't walk without limping because of the pain. Can't sit at all.

On the good news end - I am scheduled for LIS on the 15th of December.

The pain is immense though, and I don't know how I will last that long. I have some oxycodone, but when I took only 10 mg, I did not have a bm then next day, which was great, but I paid for it the day after with agonizing pain and bleeding. Any suggestions for pain control for the next 2 weeks?
Misty789
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Dec 2016, 06:25

So glad you got a date for your LIS and not too long to wait either. As for pain control be careful with the opiates as they really do slow you down...I didn't go for 4 days then had to manually extract it and tore my fissure and stitches. Could you ask to try gabapentin as its a nerve blocker my gp has just decided to try me on this after I have been asking for ages...haven't used it yet but I know people who say it totally stops there pain (not fissure) as it stop the nerves sending signals to the brain.
Good luck just think next year you will be back to pain free normalcy
Mypoorbutt

Postby Misty789 » 03 Dec 2016, 13:01

Yes, I'm afraid of the opiod as well, but I an in so much pain, I don't know what to do. It's amazing how a little cut, relatively speaking, can cut your your life down and reduce you to nothing... Please wish me less pain as I await my surgery date...
Misty789
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Dec 2016, 13:55

I know what you mean for something so small it causes immense amounts of pain. I truly do hope you manage to be as pain free as possible
Mypoorbutt

Postby Misty789 » 04 Dec 2016, 19:14

Spent the day in pain. Had a bm in the morning with pain and blood. Then another runny one. This one is from trying Milk of Magnesia for the first time, just 1/3 tablespoon, last night. Intense pain is at the anterior fissure, with the posterior fissure being second. Took Tylenol. By about 5 PM, the intensity turned to just a dull pressure/spasm feeling.
I am feeling exhausted from the pain. I am going to call tomorrow and see if there is any possibility to move my surgery up...
Misty789
Salt Bather