Anal pressure and ache caused by stress

Help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal pressure and ache caused by stress

Postby Alfaman147 » 13 Nov 2016, 09:48

Hello everyone. My name is Adam and I live in the UK. For about 7 years I have suffered from unexplained anal pressure and ache. Having undergone many scans and tests there is nothing physical to cause this problem. I can have periods where I have no pain. If I'm asleep or drunk. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and it is a mind body issue that is making me chronically tight in the anus. I had beaten this for 18 months but it came back in September. I have seen docs who have looked inside my rectum and all is well. I did have a breakthrough moment. I went to see a pelvic floor physical therapist who said this is common with stress. She carried out an internal examination and located a muscle which when pressed replicated all my symptoms. So basically I'm happy that atleast I have found something which is the cause of my pain but I'm still in agony. Because this is a mind body issue my doc said to stop going to see this therapist and to stop researching the problem. I'm terrible for googling my problems and can spend hours researching my problem which only makes it worse. I'm keen to hear from anyone who has this issue . I am starting to do some self internal massage and was after some help or opinions. When I insert a finger maybe 2 cm inside my anus and press on the area which is towards the tailbone it feels extremely tender and I can feel this is the muscle that causes me problems. Does anyone know which muscle this is???? As soon as I insert a finger it brings relief. I'm glad I have nothing seriously wrong with me and I am convinced it is psychological in cause. So many negative tests have assured me. And the fact it comes and goes. I can be on holiday and not feel a thing. Then come back to work and it's there. It's an unhealthy obsession I have. I'm just interested if anyone has this. I did have a fissure but this healed up along time ago. And the fissure was the opposite side to where the pain is.
Alfaman147
Salt Bather

Topics: 8