Anyone had problems using a bidet with hard water?

anal skin tag/sentinel pile

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anyone had problems using a bidet with hard water?

Postby monkeybutt812 » 27 Nov 2016, 15:28

Hello! I'm new to the forum.

So I've been using a hand held bidet sprayer for the last several years now and it has been fantastic! Recently, I moved away from home to attend school about 2 hours away. So the apartment I moved to has hard water, and I’ve noticed the water really dries me out and irritates my skin. I know it may seem rather insignificant, but it gets to the point that it becomes painfully dry, and we all know that doesn’t feel good especially in the anal area.
I haven’t wiped with toilet paper for a very long time for the simple fact that it is irritating and does not clean very well. Also, I’m no stranger to anal pain and discomfort. I had a small fissure many years ago and now have a nice flap of skin near my anus. My skin tag sometimes gets irritated if I have a hard stool, but usually the pain subsides quickly with conservative measures. I know many of you will advise to see a doctor again, which I am considering. The last time I saw a doc he said I just had some “hemorrhoidal tissue” and not a fissure, and I was very happy to hear that, but it’s been a few years since anyone has looked at it.
It’s really frustrating that the water is a problem. The only real solution is a water softener which I don’t think I can hook up here in this apartment.
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Anyone had problems using a bidet with hard water?

Postby Savaici » 27 Nov 2016, 15:32

:wel:

Very hard water where I am. I use a bit of Vaseline when winter come on. You could try adding a very small amount of baby oil to the water, but using a Sitz Bath instead of a hand shower.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby monkeybutt812 » 28 Nov 2016, 07:01

Thanks for the reply! I keep writing entire posts only to have them deleted because I'm not logged in. I'll have to retype my response.
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 28 Nov 2016, 07:11

Use a document to write first or save as you go along. That is what I do!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby monkeybutt812 » 28 Nov 2016, 16:07

Savaici,
I have not tried baby oil. Do you clean yourself in the sitz bath? I tried that and found it difficult and time consuming. Vaseline sometimes helps.
Had a tough day today. Idk what is going on but my butt has become super sensitive to everything! Sunday was feeling better after spending Thanksgiving weekend at home where I don’t have hard water. Last night I put a little coconut oil on it because it was feeling a little dry. Probably should have skipped it because it started burning, I couldn’t believe it. I had to rinse the coconut oil off because it was burning and I couldn’t sleep. I know that the creams and ointments can compound problems, but lately Idk what to do anymore when it gets inflamed. This ebb and flow is really annoying. I’m currently in a physical therapy program and it hasn’t been easy to sit in class. Luckily, I can stand for intervals.
This is a different kind of pain than I’ve had in the past, and I know it’s mainly the water in my apartment. It sucks because the usually things that bring relief sitz bath, bidet sprayer, etc seem to make it worse or even be causing the irritation in the first place. Idk what to do. I’ve tried putting olive oil, coconut oil,
I feel like the skin has become overly sensitive or something. I have a year lease on this place, but I need to come up with something fast.
Using water is the gentlest way I’ve found to clean myself and Idk any other way.

Stuff I’ve tried in the last few weeks and in the past:
Sitz bath with Epsom salt, olive oil, coconut oil- brought some relief
Prep h-helps sometimes
Lidocaine- burns like hell the last few times maybe has alcohol or parabens?
Proctosol 2.5 hydrocortisone- I don’t like to use this because it can thin the skin and hasn’t provided much relief lately
Petroleum jelly-sometimes helps, sometimes exacerbates symptoms also does not come off easily
I’ve tried some other things as well. I just need water that doesn’t burn! I do get relief when I go back home so the hardness of the water is the main issue, but I have to use the water in some capacity. Anyway I guess I just needed to vent! I hope I can get some relief somehow!!
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather